Revision

lucylou
on 6/15/12 1:37 pm - Canada
 I am just wondering if anyone has had a revision and if Manitoba Health covered it?
ljohns287
on 6/18/12 5:25 am - Ste. Anne, Canada
Hi Lucylou...I don't know the answer to your question but I had VSG in Sept 2010 in Tijuana and have not had the results that I was hoping for.  I initially lost about 40 lbs but then everything stalled so I kind of gave up!!  I still have huge food cravings too which I was told would be hugely diminished...never happened!  I would like to have a revision OR have someone who could help me "get back on the horse" and try to lose weight.  I have so much trouble losing weight even when I'm trying so I don't know what the solution is...... HELP!
lucylou
on 6/18/12 7:39 am - Canada
 I had the RNY in Jan 2008 in Toronto. It worked great till I got pregnant a year later. Then I gained about 20 pounds, had a c-section and my tubes tied and then nothing seemed to help anymore. There was no feeling full, no throwing up if I did eat too much and I am looking into a revision to DS or the RNY again. Ontario no longer takes out province patients and my doctor can't be bothered and told me to eat less and exercise more. He had his secretary call me and tell me. I know it was a tool, but I had no support right here in my own province. I called manitoba health and they advised me to go to my family physcian and have him refer me to Manitoba's bariatric clinic and use their services. Then if a revision is due to go through them and they may be able to help pay. I do eat alot less then I did before, but it stays on me. I walk and it doesn't come off.. It is like I am back at square 1. There are no doctors in Manitoba who do revisions, but there are some in North Dakota and in Ontario. I would rather go to North Dakota, because it is closer. 

Have you looked on weightlosssurgery.com it has lots of info on revisions. 
Maybe your family doctor will be able to also refer you to the clinic here.
Most Active