on my way home today! thank god

its-killen-me
on 6/20/12 1:50 am - Selkirk, Canada
DS on 06/14/12
Pretty much had the trip from hell, first my Mexico medical guide didn't show up. (For the whole trip), flights in to Sandiego were horrible (turbulence, cold and got rained on in plane). Hotel rooms not booked, driver not booked. Surgery went well and hospital staff were great. I suffered lots with gas and throwing up foam .  The bigger you are the more unconfortable u will be. We left Mexico a night early and stayed in sandiego, I picked up a cold from one of the nurses so that made the rest of the trip a joy. Spent one nice day at Zoo weather was great, and yes you can get a sunburn in the shade. Cough! Owe!   (Well I will never be this big again)  Advise to anyone going to mexico book with trish.  
Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon - Medical guide Laurie Wolf Received money Never showed up - Only thing booked were flights.  Surgeon and Medical team, and hospital were awesome .  There is another Medical guide named Trish she is good.  PM me for info.    
alle
on 6/20/12 2:19 am
RNY on 05/15/12
I am so sorry to hear of your experiences but glad you are on your way home to the comfort of your own bed and surroundings.  It is all going to be better from here on out as long as your follow directions and take care of yourself.  Slow and steady.  Welcome to the losers bench!  Hope to see you soon.

Referred March 2/11,  Group Orientation Nov. 4 /11, Surgery date May 15/12  RNY    
rainyone
on 6/20/12 2:54 am - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
 I know I really realize how amazing it was to have Trish there for us . I think Lori really sucked big time . Our experience was so much different than yours and other people using different coordinators . Everything went so smoothly for us and was really fun at the same time ( shopping, lunch out, pedicures in our rooms courtesy of Trish etc) not to mention having a translator and someone who actually did her job in booking rooms and drivers ! I can't stress enough to book through Trish . Lori undercuts trish's prices and then screws up and doesn't do her job and ends up causing stress for the patient and family ! 

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

justmest
on 6/20/12 6:42 am - Canada
VSG on 05/21/12
Sorry that you went through such Hell on your trip.  I feel VERY fortunate to have used Trish.  When I saw that ad on this page over on the right, I looked at it a few times wishing that I had done mine through them. After looking at the ad a few times, I noticed that there are spelling errors, so I passed on it... (being the grammar nerd). 

I hope that you are recovering well, welcome to the losers bench and welcome home! 

Referal weight 265, surgery date weight 243, ticker is all post op loss so add 22 to ticker loss

Madelaine2000
on 6/20/12 10:06 am
Well thankfully the surgery went well and you will be losing the weight, which is the end result of us travelling to Mexico. The fact that you have such a loer coordinator is unfortunate and maybe someone else will learn from your experience. Trish really is the best! Glad your home safe and sound!

Referred Dec/2011
Acceptance letter Jan 24/12
VSG MAY 22 DR. PONCE DE LEON MEXICO
7.5 months - 70 pounds!!!

Teasha1
on 6/21/12 1:07 pm
VSG on 06/04/12
Awe Barb I feel bad that you did not have a good experience with Lori.  Trish was truly a god send and hope that people book through her for their surgeries.  I am glad that you are probably home by now, safe and sound in your own bed.  I wish you all the very best in your recovery and hope to see you soon.  Take care and walk and sip.  I am VSG 17 days out and still walking and sipping.  Today I actually got 600 calories in me, but only by double scooping my protein shakes.  I am feeling weak and I hope that that brings me some strength it also got me to 70 grms of protein.

Dr. Sauceda future patient  - body will be by Sauceda!

Surgery 4 Jun 12 Dr Ponce de Leon in Mexico I was down 57 lbs prior to surgery.

Most Active