Calories

Teasha1
on 6/22/12 9:02 am
VSG on 06/04/12
Is anyone tracking their calories?  I am using Sparkpeople and the last two days I have managed to get in around 600 calories and 70 + grms of protein.  My Dr said I should get up to 800 to 1000 calories a day for the weight loss and 1000 to 1200 to maintaine and 1500 if I exercise.

I am just wondering where this fits in with everyone else.

Lorna

Dr. Sauceda future patient  - body will be by Sauceda!

Surgery 4 Jun 12 Dr Ponce de Leon in Mexico I was down 57 lbs prior to surgery.

rainyone
on 6/22/12 9:20 am - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
I use myfitnesspal and aim for around 800 calories a day and 60-80 grams of protein.  I tend not to use my fitness calories , and when I get to maintaince I will figure out how much I can add without gaining or losing.

The people on the VSG forums here tend to aim for 500-800 and easy on the carbs ( most do under 60 or 40 grams)  I don't worry about carbs although I don't do bread and I focus on protein first. I figure I can eat so little that what I actually eat should be "sleeve worthy"  and nutritious for the most part.  I try to undereat my sleeve as well. I have ate too much at one sitting and I really don't like the full feeling. Plus i figure this is my honeymoon period right now where I can't eat that much and after a year if I am able to eat double or triple or whatever I want to do my losing now while it is easier.  Right now 1000 calories  feels like a lot most days.  I don't want to have to eat constantly.

Some days I eat more and some I eat less.. Tends to be 500 at the lowest and I think I went up to 1000 one day. It all depends on my appetite  and how I feel.  I typically add a protein shake in the morning or some click . It is the only way I can get my protein goals ( about 1/2 of my goal in a shake and 1/4 in a click)  I figure in awhile when my capacity in my sleeve grows a bit getting my protein from food will be easier but now it is too hard without the supplement.

I'm curious what everyone else does.....

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

Teasha1
on 6/22/12 9:48 am
VSG on 06/04/12
Thanks Rainyone I am just paranoid about eating to much.  I am glad to hear that one day you are at one amount of calories and another day at a different because then that truly means we should be listening to our bodies.  Again thanks again.  What a learning process for an old broad. LOL

Dr. Sauceda future patient  - body will be by Sauceda!

Surgery 4 Jun 12 Dr Ponce de Leon in Mexico I was down 57 lbs prior to surgery.

Used2Bthin
on 6/26/12 5:28 am - Canada
I dont really bother with calorie counting, I am more on the portion size.  In the long run, somedays you eat higher calorie food some days less, important part is not to stretch your pouch as that is a cause for regaining several years down the road.
     Dr. Nohr in Medicine Hat.  Open RNY March 28 2011.  Start weight 253 current weight 122.       
alle
on 6/26/12 11:10 am
RNY on 05/15/12
 Used2bthin now that you're just over the year post op what portion sizes are you eating?   I thought I read somewhere that it was around a cup or so.  

Referred March 2/11,  Group Orientation Nov. 4 /11, Surgery date May 15/12  RNY    
BCwaiting
on 6/27/12 6:54 am - Canada
I was sleeved May 29, 1 month ago. I just saw Dr Andrew and he said I wasn't eating enough and that I should be eating 800-1000 calories and then 1200-1500 in maintenance. I thought this was a bit high...we will see. I am interested in other people portion sizes though..like how much cottage cheese would you have for lunch. I will get more answers inAugust whenI see Laura. barb C

referral April/2011 Weight 230 lbs.,orientation Nov 30/2011, surgeon Jan 4/2012, Psych Feb 2, Dietician March 15, physical Apr 12, Surgery VSG May 29/2012,
pre-op weight 180 lbs. ,         
alle
on 6/27/12 7:46 am
RNY on 05/15/12
Barb right now at 6 weeks (RNY) I am eating about 2-3 oz of chicken or fish with a couple of crackers or veggies at a meal.  Cottage cheese I eat about 1/3 of a cup with other things like a couple of raw veggies or a bit of fruit.  I am using My Fitness Pal on my blackberry and I want to get a Fitbit to measure my activity and it will synch with that app so it is pretty slick.  The Fitbit is about $100 US. online.

Referred March 2/11,  Group Orientation Nov. 4 /11, Surgery date May 15/12  RNY    
Most Active