Dempsters 8 grain thinfulls

alle
on 8/19/12 8:02 pm
RNY on 05/15/12
 I found a great bread that I can eat toasted. They are round like a large burger bun but very thin and kind of like just crust.  I toast them and can eat 1 half for breakfast with planters all natural peanut butter.  Today I made a toasted  bacon, cheese and tomato sandwich and managed to eat it but it took 2 meals to fini**** but man was it great! Yummmmmmmy.

Referred March 2/11,  Group Orientation Nov. 4 /11, Surgery date May 15/12  RNY    
its-killen-me
on 8/19/12 8:29 pm - Selkirk, Canada
DS on 06/14/12
Sounds like the breakfast I had on Saturday.  1 toast, 2 egg yolks soft for dipping toast, 2 and 1\2 bacons and 1 small tomato. I ate it all.  I find I can eat more lately (not good) for supper tonight I had 3\4 of a teen burger and about 4 onion rings.  I am still loosing thank god.
Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon - Medical guide Laurie Wolf Received money Never showed up - Only thing booked were flights.  Surgeon and Medical team, and hospital were awesome .  There is another Medical guide named Trish she is good.  PM me for info.    
alle
on 8/20/12 6:41 am
RNY on 05/15/12
 wow I wouldn't get that down in the mornings maybe for supper but I can't eat that much in the morning.  My appetite increases throughout the day.   I have to fight the nibbling urge in the evenings.  Regular bread has been hard for me but these thinfulls are fine.  

rainyone
on 8/20/12 6:24 pm - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
With the DS you have a bigger sleeve. It's so you can get your protein and nutrients in. I've heard you bypass up to 80% of the fat you eat.  There was a stat about how much RNY , DS and normal fat malabsorbtion. A normal person will absorb 92% of the fat they eat, at one year post op RNY will absorb 62 % fat and a DS'er 19% .  Not sure what the stats are past that. I believe you absorb 100% of carbs though.

Much more "normal" amounts of food. It's one of the tempting things about the DS.  L:ts of DS'ers will be able to eat like 2000 calories a day a few months after surgery . Amazing stuff.

I have found bread is starting to get a bit better for me. It churns a lot in my sleeve.  I had 3/4 peice of toast dipped in the yolk of an egg for breakfast the other day...mmmm actually tasted good and tolerated well. I'm able to eat more amounts of food these days which is good, as long as it doesn't increase like crazy lol. I can eat 1/2 cob of corn, 1 oz of chicken and a tsp of potatoes at one time. Feels great being able to have multiple things at one time.  I'm not noticing a huge difference with time of day .

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

rainyone
on 8/20/12 6:28 pm - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
I should have said 100% of simple carbs ... I think it is about 60 % complex carbs and protein

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

alle
on 8/21/12 1:53 pm
RNY on 05/15/12
I am loving being able to eat a bit more veg right now with all the great garden produce around.  Lunch today was one small cucumber, one small tomato and half a can of salmon.  But I am only getting to lunch now at 3:40 pm as I have a late night and supper won't be until 9 or so.  If I was to eat at noon I wouldn't get as much in as am now. 

Breakfast is 1/2 cup of berries with 1/3 cup dry whole grain cheerios at 7:30 then a my click shake at about 9:30.  This has been working very well for me and my hunger for lunch kicks in about 12:30 or 1:00 but it is not crazy hunger just a slight twinge. 

Most Active