NOT lost in the Bermuda Triangle AKA Edmonton

1crazy_cat_lady
on 9/28/12 9:29 am - Winnipeg, Canada
I am soooo sorry everyone.  There was no intention to freak everyone out.  I just called the hospital, Alvina's nurse is on break and the ward clerk doesn't know if Alvina has a phone.

I will be upfront and honest and say that as someone working towards surgery, "just showing up" to see Alvina freaks the **** out of me.  Let's face it, other than death, poor Alvina has experienced the "worst case scenario".  I would like to be as much of a support as possible but at the same token, if she is still really unwell, I'm not sure that my mental health can handle seeing her.

I will call the hospital back in 30 minutes as requested and will fill you in when I know something.
(deactivated member)
on 9/28/12 9:59 am
thank you so much for doing this.i am really worried for her and am eager to hear thats she is getting better
1crazy_cat_lady
on 9/28/12 10:23 am - Winnipeg, Canada
OTAY! The hospital can release only limited information because of Alvina's right to privacy. What I was able to learn is that social work is arranging her transfer to a hospital in Winnipeg.

The nurse agreed to let Alvina know "The girls from OH are sending you love".

Patient Inquiry is 780-735-4510 and she is on unit 34 if someone else wants to call in a week or so.
alle
on 9/28/12 10:23 am, edited 9/28/12 12:01 am
RNY on 05/15/12
Yes, thank you so much. I am desperate for news. Glad to hear she is coming closer to home but sad that she still needs to be in hospital. Thanks for making the call.

Referred March 2/11,  Group Orientation Nov. 4 /11, Surgery date May 15/12  RNY    
its-killen-me
on 9/28/12 12:20 pm - Selkirk, Canada
DS on 06/14/12
Thank you sooooo much.  I am glad to hear she is doing better than the last update.  She isn't in intensive care anymore and getting well enough to be transported.  Whew.  Glad to hear your not lost in the Edmonton triangle.  LOL. 
Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon - Medical guide Laurie Wolf Received money Never showed up - Only thing booked were flights.  Surgeon and Medical team, and hospital were awesome .  There is another Medical guide named Trish she is good.  PM me for info.    
1crazy_cat_lady
on 9/29/12 10:13 am - Winnipeg, Canada
Thanks for caring! LOL
Most Active