Therapy update

1crazy_cat_lady
on 10/14/12 9:33 am - Winnipeg, Canada
So it's costing an arm and a leg but I'm doing it!

Dr. Theresa Grosko has a private practice and I am actually seeing her Phd candidate Tevya.  I mentioned that in Edmonton they don't really have a clue about what is available in the other provinces they service so I asked her to think about letting me provide the information on the practice to Weight Wise so other Manitobans in the Winnipeg area can access their services if needed.

I have always based my worth on what OTHER people say or what role I play in the lives of others.  So here is hoping I can work through this and get back on the losing streak.  There is also a book Rainyone and I were talking about, The rules to eating normal (I think!?) that I want to download onto my Kobo.

To the friend who sent the PM.... I agree, part of the problem is that food tastes good!  That you took the time to message me made me smile.

rainyone
on 10/14/12 12:59 pm - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
Yep- that is the book ... by karen koeing. Great stuff and very common sense while dealing with emotional eating .   This surgery is a tool and it doesn't fix our head ( just our stomachs) I struggle with all sorts of things about food. The surgery basically allows me not to overeat at one sitting but boy I can graze all day. I can stuff my emotions down like crazy.

I think you are brave and WILL do this. Getting a grasp of these issues before surgery is such a good idea. That way you will be ahead of the game when it comes time to do it.

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

Most Active