I'm going shopping down south!

losingforlife
on 2/7/13 12:00 pm - Canada

Hi.  I go to the US to shop much and I am looking for some information from the veterans!  I want to know about some good food to look for that is healthy enough for me.  I heard someone talk about a no sugar cake mix but I forgot to ask what brand or where to buy it.  There are also all kinds of cool sweeteners, protein foods, etc.  Any help will be appreciated!  I am leaving on the 15th.  Going to Minneapolis but stopping in Fargo or Grand Forks on the way back to get the groceries.

Thanks! Elizabeth

alle
on 2/8/13 12:35 am
RNY on 05/15/12

I bought but did not like the sf cake mixes but that might just be me.  I prefer to make my own and substitute with splenda.  Any way you can get them at Walmart and they are Pilsbury I believe.  The sf syrup is pretty good and I like the sf orange marmalade.  I buy my chocolate protein powder at Target and it is just their store brand but I like it the best of the ones I have tried.  I usually mix it with click and lots of ice.  I also like the icebreaker sf mints for the bad breath moments and when I am craving sweets.  Citrical has a gumdrop style of calcium chews out that you can only get at Walmart US and they are Citrate.  I haven't bought them yet but had a sample and they are yummmmmmy.  I buy the big bag of splenda there too, and the small packs of vanilla splenda for my purse.  I have bought the sf jello and sf jello puddings but don't eat them much anymore.  I like the special K southwestern ranch cracker chips and their protein bars with dark chocolate I think they are about 6 grams of protein but you have to look for them, they are usually with the other protein items not with the granola bars, they have a lower protein one that is usually with the granola bars.  I sometimes pick up some sf candy/choc treats by skinny cow or stovers for my weak moments.   That's what I get that is sf but I usually stock up on cheddar, cereal ( multigrain cheerios ) shampoo and conditioner, mayo, laundry products etc.  Have fun!

Referred March 2/11,  Group Orientation Nov. 4 /11, Surgery date May 15/12  RNY    
losingforlife
on 2/9/13 11:00 pm - Canada

Thanks!  This is very helpful!  Can't wait to get there!

Madelaine2000
on 2/8/13 2:27 am

Last weekend I bought a couple of the new Atkins frozen dinners at Walmart. Low carb, and just enough for lunch ( a bit leftovers but thats okay). Perfect for work when you dont have anything to bring for lunch. Also I bought the Naturally More peanut butter highly recommended by Bariatric Foodie..healthier in that they have taken out some of the peanut oil and replaced it with flax seeds and oil, and added some egg white to up the protein..its is delicious with apples.I also found Ta Tortilla high fibre low carb wraps at Walmart that are perfect for a homemade pizza. They also carry Josephs lavash bread which is another great option.Vitamins are alot cheaper there..Have fun and read lables..thats always a must!

Referred Dec/2011
Acceptance letter Jan 24/12
VSG MAY 22 DR. PONCE DE LEON MEXICO
7.5 months - 70 pounds!!!

losingforlife
on 2/9/13 11:03 pm - Canada

Hi fibre low car wraps sound great! I though I was done with pizza but that news opens up a great option!  Thanks!

rainyone
on 2/8/13 4:41 am - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12

Printable coupons for gordmans ( usually 15 or 20 % off one item ) Kohl's, and other places like old navy. Check out http://printable-coupons.blogspot.ca/

Fit frappe from sam's club in fargo ( you can print off a day pass and pay 10% more without a membership) I think it is like around 30 bucks a tub. Good place for sf sweetners  ( toroni, davinci something like that - I paid 1.97-4.99 for them there)

Protein water from special k ( think crystal light with protein). I find it a great place to pick up crystal light in other flavours we don't have and cheaper versions ( I paid $1 for my box of lemonade singles  and pink lemonade from walmart)

People like the waldon farms calorie free stuff but it creeps me out a bit. Things like syrup and chocolate sauce are supposed to have calories and not just chemicals lol....

Plan to take your time in target or a grocery store looking around .

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

alle
on 2/8/13 8:01 am
RNY on 05/15/12

Rainy one where do you find the Special k waters I have looked and never find them?  What aisle are they usually in?

Referred March 2/11,  Group Orientation Nov. 4 /11, Surgery date May 15/12  RNY    
rainyone
on 2/9/13 5:41 am - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12

I think it might have been in the aisle with the protein shakes/bars. That or the crystal light aisle. I can't actually remember ... think it was target.

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

losingforlife
on 2/9/13 11:05 pm - Canada

Thanks for your tips as well!  I'm going to have so much fun!

Most Active