1 week out!

losingforlife
on 12/4/12 1:07 am - Canada

I'm feeling pretty good and I'm looking forward to my phase 2 - pureed foods!  I am tired of liquid only! 

I am also going to the nutrition education tomorrow night and if I still have enough energy I may join others for coffee!  Can't wait to get out!

Cheers!

amyred27
on 12/4/12 2:33 am

Good to hear all is well! How are you finding the liquid phase? What are your hunger levels like? Do you get the full feeling ?  What has suprised you the most so far?

losingforlife
on 12/4/12 5:26 am - Canada

I haven't been hungry in the liquid phase.  The pouch is small but there is also swelling to deal with. Fluid intake is on a schedule so it doesn't get behind, especially adding protein.  It's easy to feel like I've had enough.  Sipping water all day to be sure I don't get dehydrated.  What suprised me the most was wanting to cook something good for my family so I could smell real food cooking again!  It's just my husband and adult son so they have been fending for themselves, frozen meals and stuff. I made them a nice pork tenderloin last night and the smell was wonderful and didn't make me hungry like it would have before.

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/12 3:59 am

im glad everything is going well for you.i hope you can come for coffee but i remember how it felt at that stage.when you are able to have it try wendis chili its a wonderful food for us post op.also tims chili or any chili is good especially the mushier ones like wendis because its easier for our new stomaches to digest

sondra

losingforlife
on 12/4/12 5:28 am - Canada

Thanks for the tip!

notoriousgrannyD
on 12/4/12 11:34 am
VSG on 10/16/12

my first pureed meal at about 1 1/2 weeks was tuna with some a la king sauce I made and pureed it all together - it tasted so good, all 1/8 of a cup of it LOL and it was warm food, missed warm food alot.

. Surgery date OCTOBER 16th    
TJLJ
on 12/5/12 1:36 pm - winnipeg, Canada
Is your ticker right? 61 lbs in less than 2months???

Ref letter Nov 11, group session Dec 12/12,   RNY - April 30/13

Most Active