Long time no hear!

Mrs.Jackatar
on 1/16/13 12:52 am - Pine Falls, Canada
Hello all. Back from dropping off the face of the earth. It has been quite awhile. Hope everyone has been doing well. It has all been but a blur. I reached my goal sometime ago. I am still not weighing myself and I think I am still around my goal weight of 150 ish. I have had some deficiencies with the VSG. I am ferritin deplete and hypocalcemic. So now I take iron, vit D and Calcium every day. I was very disappointed with this as I chose VSG based on the slim possiblity of deficiencies and malabsorption issues. Not the case, as it seems. It is ok though. I would rather take a few fills a day then weight 294 on this 5'2 body. I still enjoy physical activity and exercise. I love spending time outside with my family. It has been a year since I changed jobs. The old job was too stressful and I was headed back to to the old bad habits. I needed change and change I got. I now travel up north for two weeks at a time when I chose and I travel around southern MB to rural hospitals. I am very happy with my life. LIFE IS GOOD. I treated myself to a holiday in Mexico last April and had an excellent time. Now our family is planning on a month long cycling tour trip of France this fall. Never could of imagined that this was possible for me less then two years ago. We are looking forward to it!
I had my plastics consult in September. Basically was told that I would have to be a self pay. I am not prepared to embark on that journey just yet. And may consider Mexico when it is time.
I see there are so many newcomers to the site. Welcome and wishing you all the best of journeys with the program. It was a life changing experience for me. I hope to meet with you sometime this year.
Take care and all the best in 2013!

Sherry
HW 300 CW 294 DAY OF SURG WEIGHT 267 Height  5'2.5
NUT Goal 180   My Goal  150

notoriousgrannyD
on 1/16/13 2:39 am
VSG on 10/16/12

Hey hey hey!  wonderful to hear from you and you are right - it's been a long time.  The program has changed immensely in the last few months.  There are dieticians, a kinesiologist,  and  nurse practitioners dedicated to the clinic, which has a permanent home in the Vic basement now.  The criteria has apparently changed a little, word is that they are accepting men and people with BMI of up to 55.  There are classes to take preoperatively and they have little group session on the first Wed. of every month in the evening with a speaker ( I have never been so not sure what those are like).  The pre op diet is 2 weeks of Boost.  

We'd love to see you again and are actually planning a M & G on Feb 21st at a library, you should find an excuse to come to the city and join us, you know how we love the vets.

So what happened with the plastics?  I know being in the program doesn't mean you are automatically covered but almost everyone I have heard who as been referred for them has been covered.  You should have summoned up some extra rashes...... lol. 

. Surgery date OCTOBER 16th    
Most Active