Update ... wt loss slowwwww

rainyone
on 1/27/13 10:58 am - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12

Been a little frustrated with the weight loss. I wouldn't call it a stall since I think it is more like maintaince. I have been eating too many carbs, too much grazing, too many "treats" . That and it is tougher being close to goal. The last 25 lbs to go. It's all in my belly and I look pregnant. I need to lose these last pounds.

I decided to take a picture of my big pants with me in them . For some reason the last time I tried them on I felt more sad about the size I was compared to the amount I lost. Was in a weird place then... Today it felt good to have something to visualize the change. Some days I feel exactly the same. The mind hasn't caught up to the body. Other days I think I feel smaller than I actually am... Anyway... I added a couple update pictures to my profile. Including me wearing my 24/26 pants ( I can actually get both legs in one leg now! )  It helps to look at pictures in this journey.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/myoh/photos/834276/before-and-aft er/muz-jpg/#photo

http://www.obesityhelp.com/myoh/photos/834192/before-and-aft er/beforeafter-jpg/#photo

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

Madelaine2000
on 1/27/13 11:13 pm

Michelle,

You look great and must feel like a completely different person! Kudos to you.

You know, I could have wrote this post myself! Lost two pounds at Christmas and since then, nothing. Too many treats, not enough exercise. No fault of the sleeve, its all my own doing. Remember that calculator you posted awhile back..about how much you can expect to lose with the VSG? I am almost exactly at what it said and so now I really need to put in extra effort. Its really true that even though we have this amazing tool, we still need to do our part. It was so fun and easy when we saw the pounds just melting away and now its a little harder, eh?

Keep it up though, it WILL happen.

Referred Dec/2011
Acceptance letter Jan 24/12
VSG MAY 22 DR. PONCE DE LEON MEXICO
7.5 months - 70 pounds!!!

its-killen-me
on 1/28/13 3:09 am - Selkirk, Canada
DS on 06/14/12

I think you did awesome.  I still need to loose another 130 ish.  At the rate I am loosing, I think it is going to take me a couple years.  I sure miss the honeymoon period.  I am starting to drink more water and started aquasizes, I hope this speeds things up for me.  I have been eating too many carbs too and need to start paying attention to what I am putting in my mouth again.    You are very close to your 100 lb weight loss mark too.  You Can Do It.   

Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon - Medical guide Laurie Wolf Received money Never showed up - Only thing booked were flights.  Surgeon and Medical team, and hospital were awesome .  There is another Medical guide named Trish she is good.  PM me for info.    
Teasha1
on 1/28/13 7:19 am
VSG on 06/04/12
Michelle you look fantastic - it will come off but you are right it has slowed down alot for mr to. I really have work at it and keep my protein up and carbs low.

Dr. Sauceda future patient  - body will be by Sauceda!

Surgery 4 Jun 12 Dr Ponce de Leon in Mexico I was down 57 lbs prior to surgery.

Alvina300
on 1/29/13 4:04 am - Canada

Hi Michelle

You look great.  Don't be too hard on yourself, your body has totally changed.  I find the same, my mind can't keep up with my body and sometimes don't see a change when I look in the mirror.  Looking forward to seeing you on the 21st

Take care

Alvina

alle
on 2/1/13 8:22 am
RNY on 05/15/12

I hear what you're saying and am in that boat right along side you.  Things have slowed down allot for me too.  I have only lost .4 of a pound in the last month.  Like you too many carbs, mostly too much night time grazing and too many treats.  Unfortunately I can tolerate much more sugar than I expected I would be able to and wish I had never found this out.  I go to the change your cravings class on Monday so hopefully there will be some good tips to share with you all.  I can eat a whole small chili now and half a bun which now seems like allot of food to me but I can manage it easily.  I am starting to feel hungry now too and have to watch that I get my lunch and afternoon snacks in on time or I am looking for junk if I don't.  I want to lose another 40 lbs so I hope I get over this slump and things start coming off again.  Up side is I feel great and I don't mind where I am size wise...16 pants and Lor XL tops is find by me right now.  If I can get rid of my pain in my hip and leg I could ramp up my exercise. 

You do look amazing, I loved the pic of you in your big a$$ pants.  I kept a pair but haven't put them on again.  Someday but not now.  Can't wait to see you and catch up at the m&g.

Referred March 2/11,  Group Orientation Nov. 4 /11, Surgery date May 15/12  RNY    
Most Active