Finally!

notoriousgrannyD
on 3/18/13 10:45 pm
VSG on 10/16/12

YAAAAAY! for Karen, I'm sure you hold the record for being on the waiting list the longest.  Your efforts and determination are an excellent example to those starting out and I hope they do their best to fast track you - YOU DESERVE IT!! 

NGD

. Surgery date OCTOBER 16th    
Karenerickson
on 3/19/13 6:59 am - Portage La Prairie, Canada

Thanks everyone, it seems like this might finally happen after waiting for 2 years. I talked to Amara today and I have my info session on April 3. If I couldn't do it in April  I would have to wait until June for the session. My hope is that I can get the Craving Change done through the spring and summer.

I am sure hoping to come on Saturday, will have to wait and see what the day brings.

Karen

pegcitygrl
on 3/20/13 5:38 am - Winnipeg, Canada

YAYAYAYAYAAAAAA that's Awesome Karen!!!

rainyone
on 3/20/13 7:55 am - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12

Wooohoooo!!!

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

losingforlife
on 3/20/13 10:24 pm - Canada

I'm very happy for you Karen!  Great work already!

Karenerickson
on 4/2/13 6:13 am - Portage La Prairie, Canada

Tomorrow is my orientation session. Feeling nervous and excited at the same time. Going to be a long day though - figure I need to get out of here by 6am especially if it is snowing so I have lots of time to get there, find parking and get a good seat.

Karen

Angie_77
on 3/21/13 5:20 am - Canada

Congrats Karen!   They will send you a letter for the orientation meeting.  I know that it took just under a year from the time I received my acceptance letter to the time of my orientation but I think they are trying to speed things up now so hopefully you don't have to wait too long but at least you made it into the first step!

Referral Nov 2011, Group Meeting Nov 2012, Surgeons  Nov 2012, Team Meetings Dec 2012, Craving Change program Dec 2012. Surgery Date Feb 2013 

Angie_77
on 3/21/13 5:21 am - Canada

Sorry didn't see your other post.  That's very fast!! It will fly by now, congrats!!

Referral Nov 2011, Group Meeting Nov 2012, Surgeons  Nov 2012, Team Meetings Dec 2012, Craving Change program Dec 2012. Surgery Date Feb 2013 

Karenerickson
on 3/21/13 7:03 am - Portage La Prairie, Canada

Got the letter today - go on April 3rd. I know that Amara told me I would move into the system quickly as I have already been waiting to years, so I'm guessing that's why I got my orientation session so quickly. I'm just excited that it is finally happening. And thanks to all of you I kind of know what to expect all through the process. I've been taking multivitamins, started exercising, and am down to one diet coke a day. The weight loss I am not worried about as I am down 40 lbs or more since my original referral.

Thanks for all your support and if the weather behaves itself, I am planning on coming on Saturday. I will bring some loose tea samples for you ladies to try! Anyone have any favorite flavours?

Karen

BeginsToday
on 3/21/13 6:14 am

Karen,

I am glad that you are now at the next step in your journey, onwards and downwards!

Take Care.

Most Active