Finally!

Karenerickson
on 3/18/13 7:43 am - Portage La Prairie, Canada

So I'm home in the blizzard and I got my acceptance letter for the bariatric program today! Not sure if this is a re referral as I hit the 47 BMI or from being on the extended criteria waiting list but I am so happy! No dates for information session as of yet but I am so happy I cried. Finally things are happening!

Karen

dawn251
on 3/18/13 8:10 am
I have been quietly following your journey and I can honestly say I am overjoyed for you.
Pokey_Penguin12
on 3/18/13 8:31 am - Canada
Hi, I'm new here. I've just seen your post and think that's great! I also got an acceptance into the bariatric surgery program today. I have to wait for an appointment and then go to a seminar or something.
Any help or information on this subject would be much appreciated. I'm very new as I said. I hope not to be turned away because I may be too fat for the surgery. Do they have a max bmi limit does anyone know?
Thanks!
Karenerickson
on 3/18/13 8:51 am - Portage La Prairie, Canada

If you scroll through past posts someone just posted the criteria for the program. My BMI was almost 56 2 years ago when I was first referred and I was put on the waiting list for when the criteria expanded. My understanding is that the criteria has expanded and they are taking men and women (with higher BMI's).

I am waiting to go to an information session as well. Perhaps we will get to go at the same time!

Pokey_Penguin12
on 3/18/13 10:23 am - Canada

Thanks for the information! I'll have a look and see what the story is. :) Maybe we will be at the same seminar. That would be nice to know someone there. This is a major thing for me. I'm about a 63 for BMI so I'm really hoping I can get in. 

BCwaiting
on 3/18/13 12:16 pm - Canada
Pokey, they are only taking BMI's up to 55, So, try loosing weight on your own now and hopefully they will accept you by putting on o the waiting list pending you loose and can get down to 55 BMI. Good luck...I did it, I lost 40 pounds before I had my surgery and I didnt even have to. barb C

referral April/2011 Weight 230 lbs.,orientation Nov 30/2011, surgeon Jan 4/2012, Psych Feb 2, Dietician March 15, physical Apr 12, Surgery VSG May 29/2012,
pre-op weight 180 lbs. ,         
(deactivated member)
on 3/18/13 9:12 am

thats wonderful karen..so happy for you.hopefully you can make it this weekend

alle
on 3/18/13 11:51 am
RNY on 05/15/12

I am so very happy for you.  You've worked so hard and you deserve this.  Good luck on your journey. 

Referred March 2/11,  Group Orientation Nov. 4 /11, Surgery date May 15/12  RNY    
Dianne C.
on 3/18/13 12:51 pm - Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
VSG on 02/06/12

That's awesome! I have been reading your posts and know how hard you have worked to get to where you are. 

Dianne           
HW 270 (Sept 2011); surgery weight 236 (Feb 6, 2012); current 167 (103 lb lost); goal set by nutritionist 148 (ha ha!!). Vertical sleeve gastrectomy at Obesity Control Center (Dr. Ariel Ortiz), Tijuana, MX. Self-pay, self-referral, 4-week wait. Abdominoplasty Aug 10, 2013 (Dr. K. Dolynchuk, Winnipeg - self-pay)

its-killen-me
on 3/18/13 3:35 pm - Selkirk, Canada
DS on 06/14/12

SUPER BIG CONGRATS KAREN.  I hope you can make the meet and greet.  You worked hard for this, I am sooo happy for you. Barb

Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon - Medical guide Laurie Wolf Received money Never showed up - Only thing booked were flights.  Surgeon and Medical team, and hospital were awesome .  There is another Medical guide named Trish she is good.  PM me for info.    
Most Active