what the heck?

TJLJ
on 5/13/13 11:30 pm - winnipeg, Canada
2 weeks post op and I have GAINED 5 LBS in two days. How is that possible? kinda discouraging. ok.....REALLY discouraging. I went through ALL THAT CRAP, to only start gaining it back already??????????

Ref letter Nov 11, group session Dec 12/12,   RNY - April 30/13

(deactivated member)
on 5/14/13 2:40 am

dont get discouraged.you are still newly post op.give your body time to heal. try and not to weigh your self for awhile. you will still have excess fluids and bloating

BCwaiting
on 5/14/13 6:56 am - Canada
Don't fret. They Pumped you full of liquids during surgery and your are drinking, drink, drinking, so your body is full of LIQUIDS. it will take a few ekes before your body will re-adjust, get rid of some of the excess liquids they pumped you full of and then start on the "loosing Streak". Don't fret, it will happen naturally and you will be amazed how quickly it starts to come off. Good luck. Barb C, BCwaiting.

referral April/2011 Weight 230 lbs.,orientation Nov 30/2011, surgeon Jan 4/2012, Psych Feb 2, Dietician March 15, physical Apr 12, Surgery VSG May 29/2012,
pre-op weight 180 lbs. ,         
losingforlife
on 5/22/13 12:42 pm - Canada

Hi.  I'm just catching up on posts after vacation! 

i remember that pre-op 2 week boost diet, I lost 20 pounds and though "what a great start". Then 2 weeks after surgery, no weight loss, maybe even gained a pound or 2.  I talked to the nurse and she said that it's to be expected because our bodies couldn't possibly keep up with that kind of weight loss.  We go into starvation mode for awhile.  I think it was 6 or 8 weeks before i started feeling like I was making real progress on the weight loss front. 

When I was doing good at 800 calories a day, i had to increase it to 1000 to 1200 per day.  Scary but again, we cannot live on that for a long period of time or we go into starvation mode.  Now that i'm fairly steady in that range, they will probably bump it up again.  it take some time for our bodies to adjust and then weight loss begins again.

Most Active