First 5 K Race finished; and I'm 57 years old I can't believe I did it!!!!

TeashaLorna
on 5/26/13 12:18 pm - Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

I finished my first 5K race today and I can't believe I did it. It took me 44 mins; it was super windy today and the first 3K were into the wind across an airfield and down a hangar line. I almost gave up but I dug in and did it. Less than a year ago at 120 lbs heavier I only dreamt of ever being able to do something like this. I love my sleeve and I love the fact that I can now participate in life. I only wish I had this done years ago.

Sorry for the big picture - I don't know how to make it smaller.

Dr Ponce de Leon Mexico     VSG 4 Jun 12. I lost 57 lbs on my own before having a VSG. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.

goneforgood
on 5/26/13 1:46 pm
Way to go! Way to go! Way to go! I am so happy for you! I had surgery 2 weeks ago and although I know it takes time, am sure looking forward to doing much what you have done. Good for you! You're an inspiration!
Karenerickson
on 5/26/13 10:00 pm - Portage La Prairie, Canada

Congratulations!Very proud of all your hard work!

notoriousgrannyD
on 5/26/13 10:23 pm
VSG on 10/16/12

Excellent!  Keep up the good work!  You look great (total athlete)

. Surgery date OCTOBER 16th    
BeginsToday
on 5/26/13 11:13 pm

You go girl! Your big smile on your face tells it all, it is interesting how now taking pictures is fun. Keep up the great (hard) work!

losingforlife
on 5/27/13 5:38 am - Canada

Way to go!  Congratulations!  You are an inspiration!

rainyone
on 5/27/13 11:40 am - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12

You ROCK... I'm so impressed and proud of your accomplishments. You've come a long way baby!  You look like a new person

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

Alvina300
on 5/27/13 11:41 am - Canada

I admire you for the changes you are making, I wish I had half the motivation.  You look amazing, keep up the hard work.

Alvina

Most Active