Struggling and

rainyone
on 10/31/13 3:20 am - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
I've been maintaining for basically a year now at around 195-200. I would really like to lose another 20. I did get one quote for a tummy tuck in Mexico but money isn't right now.

I had surgery to biopsy a lymph node in August and it came back as thyroid cancer. I had a modified neck dissection October 15 to remove the rest of my thyroid ( I had most if it removed in 2006) and a whole whack of lymph nodes in the right and middle of my neck. I've been off work 2.5 weeks now. I really wasn't expecting this much pain and discomfort . I'm still numb in parts of my shoulder, chest and my right ear is totally numb ( like dental frozen numb) I'm super stuff and
Full of muscle knots , my neck muscles have got ropey lots of nerve issues ( cause the numbness ) and nerve type pain. I'm finding my less way less active, eating to distract from the pain and the scale us showing it . I've gained 5 lbs now. I'm worried about money since I'm out of sick time and had to apply for ei.

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

rainyone
on 10/31/13 3:23 am - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
Meant to say struggling and whiny .... Just needed to give an update and hold myself accountable. Maybe by writing out my struggles I'll make better choices

I go back to work next week . Hopefully structure will help get back on track

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

TeashaLorna
on 10/31/13 6:34 am - Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

Awe Michelle Hugs!!!! I know you are going through a lot right now. I have only one suggestion though that is track your food and water and protein first dear. I am scared of the same thing when I have my PS and that is the route I am going to try to adhere to.

Hugs (((((((((((((((Michelle))))))))))))))

Lorna

Dr Ponce de Leon Mexico     VSG 4 Jun 12. I lost 57 lbs on my own before having a VSG. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Kjmollyo
on 10/31/13 10:21 am
RNY on 01/23/12
Ioh Michelle, so sorry you are going thru such struggles. Dont beat yourself up over a small gain...Just focus on getting well, everything else will come. kj

Current Weight 118 lbs

Karenerickson
on 11/1/13 12:31 am - Portage La Prairie, Canada

I am very sorry to hear that you are going through such tough times Michelle. I would agree that it is early days yet, you just had surgery and have probably been on medications that may affect your body. Focus on regaining your health and hopfully the weight loss will follow.

Take it easy when you go back to work and get lots of rest. I'll be thinking about you.

Karen

notoriousgrannyD
on 10/31/13 11:12 pm
VSG on 10/16/12

Oh Michelle, that's awful!  Just when life is going so well, BANG!  another friggin hurtle.  You have such a beautiful spirit and such fantastic energy about you that I know you will overcome this setback.  As far as the weight loss/gain goes, I'm sure not have a thyroid at all must mess with that.  it seems pretty early in the game for levels to be all evened out.  Just don't beat yourself up and focus on getting better.  Hugs to you and your family.

. Surgery date OCTOBER 16th    
Alvina300
on 11/4/13 5:24 am - Canada

Hi Michelle

Sorry to hear that.  Hope you'll be feeling better soon and take care of yourself.  I went to my brother's place on the weekend and they had all this halloween treats sitting around, it wasn't  hard to indulge.  A good reminder to watch ourselves and don't eat that junk, as I just finished a bag of chips. 

Alvina

Diane G.
on 11/4/13 12:17 pm - winnipeg, Canada

Hello Michelle,

You mentioned maintaining for a year, that is great news.  You've had some serious news and surgery.  As others have mentioned, this is time for you to heal and recover just like after your bypass surgery.  Maybe you can follow up with your health care practitioners about the amount of pain you are experiencing, maybe physio might help as well.  Heard from others that phsyio thru a hospital is covered.  I know from experience that there is a dietician at CancerCare that might be a resource to you as well.

I have maintained for 5 years now, keeping 100 lbs off, but last year, had chemo/radiation for cancer and now this year surgery.  I have eaten stuff that I haven't touched for 5 years.  I am bothered by that but right now I had to think the priority is fighting the cancer and after winning that battle, resume the battle to keep the weight off. 

Diane

alle
on 11/6/13 11:21 pm
RNY on 05/15/12

Hugs Michelle!  I hope it get better soon!  I know it's hard when you still want to lose some more ( I am on that boat too!)  But to maintainn is so wonderful too!  Feel better soon!

Referred March 2/11,  Group Orientation Nov. 4 /11, Surgery date May 15/12  RNY    
Most Active