What's next?

bdreger
on 5/27/14 12:26 pm

So the team at the Vic approved me to move forward with surgery - - I am scared and excited all at once!!  

I have a nutritionist appointment at the end of June.  What can I expect at that time?  What pre-op requirements will there be?  

I read about people who are a few months out and feeling great and having wonderful success . . . . and then I read about people with regrets and health complications and it makes me second guess my choice.  But I think I'm prepared to plunge in at this point.

Could use words of encouragement from the "voices of experience" and any words of advice to make the next few months easier.

Step One: Referral Letter:  April 23/12      Step Two:Acceptance Letter: May 24/12   Step Three:  3 Hour Info Session on May 22/13 

Karenerickson
on 5/27/14 10:17 pm - Portage La Prairie, Canada

Congratulations! Exciting times are ahead. If your dietician's appointment is your pre op appointment, she will go over the pre op diet which is boost and clear fluids for the 2 weeks before surgery. Not going to lie, it's tough and I shed tears several times over the head hunger and feeling overwhelmed but it was worth it to have a successful surgery.

I am 6 months out and have had no problems except for constipation which I control with stool softeners. I still have a few foods like eggs, bread and pasta I can't eat but other than that I eat what I like just in smaller quantities. Follow the advice about not doing stuff while eating. It is easy to overeat in a few bites after surgery and the pain and feeling of yuckiness is not worth it.

While waiting for surgery, keep exercising, following your food plan and taking your vitamins. I stocked up on some sugar free jello(which I never ate) chicken broth and went to garage sales and bought smaller clothes. You will be amazed at how fast you go through clothes. I had 2 totes full and I am down to size 18s so now I need to start stocking up again. JUst starting to wear 20s so some time yet..

I hope you get your date soon and join us on the loser's bench

bdreger
on 5/27/14 10:46 pm

Thanks for the info, encouragement and words of advice Karen.  I currently wear 3x tops but have a very full closet of clothes that I have never gotten rid of that will take me through several sizes (although some clothes will be pretty outdated lol) .  By the sounds of it, the challenge will be to find the time to sort through my wardrobe to determine what fits me all the time.  I am looking forward to getting rid of larger sizes and freeing up space in my closet again.  I have always kept all my clothes as my weight has fluctuated from my yo-yo dieting throughout the years.

Step One: Referral Letter:  April 23/12      Step Two:Acceptance Letter: May 24/12   Step Three:  3 Hour Info Session on May 22/13 

Most Active