New to Manitoba, looking for direction

MCrafter10
on 8/2/14 6:31 am - Canada

Hi,

I just moved from Ontario to Manitoba.  I am living in Melita ( South west).  I am looking for information on any Doctors, and or clinics to continue to monitor me.  I am coming from a great clinic in Ottawa and would love to find the same support team here.  I am post op, had RNY in January 2012.  I have done great with my weight loss, but do have issues with my anemia (B12 and Iron)  and other vitamin deficiencies.  Any help pointing me in the right direction would be great!

Thanks

:)

Karenerickson
on 8/4/14 6:32 am - Portage La Prairie, Canada

I can't help you with a family Dr but I think unless you have problems you will not get any assistance from the bariatric clinic. You might try having your program in Ontario refer you to the program at the Victoria Hospital and see if that would get you in.

Karen

saucyboss
on 8/15/14 4:49 am

I think it will help to get yourself a family doctor.  You can use this link to find one in your area or close by http://www.gov.mb.ca/health/familydoctorfinder/  - although I've heard finding a new family dr. is difficult in Mb., so you may have to wait a little while.

As far as a dr. in relation to your surgery and follow up, like Karen suggested, you can contact the bariatric clinic at the Victoria Hospital and have your file transferred there. I only assume that they would be able and willing to help you with post op care, although I haven't gone for surgery yet, so I can't say for sure.

Good luck!

Relentless
on 8/23/14 11:12 am

You might want to consider joining an online forum on MFP (My Fitness Pal). There are forums on there specific to VSG and RNY and some that are for all types of WLS. I spend a lot of time on there & have made a great network of support.

Most Active