Tummy tuck after weight loss

Shanelle S.
on 12/22/11 3:59 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 01/17/12

Hello,

I am just curious of price ranges of tummy tuck, arms, thighs, and breasts. Can anyone list prices or quotes for me from quality surgeons?  I live in Maryland but I am willing to travel. (not too far because if it is too expensive, I could put traveling costs towards tt if it is equals out) I am very afraid of arms because of the scars and I am afraid of thighs and arms because of pain. I am expecting that if any, I may get breast covered but just curious to know how much I should try to save per month.  I am waiting for approval for band conversion to vsg in early to mid January 2012, so I figure I have at least 18 months to save for the tummy tuck starting in January.  Any feedback would be appreciated.  Thanks!!

Revision from LB Highest Weight 267 SW 248.9 CW 188.4 GW 175       

dori M.
on 1/4/12 8:58 am - MD
I don't know any prices but a few of the ladies on another board said they spent about $15,000 total to get arms, tummy & breast
KerryJean
on 1/22/12 2:27 am - IN
I had my panniculectomy (tummy tuck) and abdominoplasty (upper muscle tightening) two weeks ago. The tummy tuck was covered by insurance but the other was not. I paid $1500 out of pocket for it.
swanie76
on 1/26/12 12:59 am
i am thinking of looking more into the panni and breat was it difficult for you to get covered

WLS 1/19/07
preop/current/drgoal/mygoal/ideal wt 
320/240/220/180/155 

Ticker 88396

KerryJean
on 1/26/12 1:45 pm - IN
The panni was covered by insurance since it was medically warranted. It took about two weeks to get approval.
swanie76
on 1/26/12 11:45 pm
thats the part i am most concerned about i hear that it depends. like for example i have hang and irritation but never a ra****ry to keep it cool and dry.for my greats my bra hurts my shoulder and my back hurts as well and they hang (i dont want to say how far)

WLS 1/19/07
preop/current/drgoal/mygoal/ideal wt 
320/240/220/180/155 

Ticker 88396

hazelnut6
on 2/25/12 9:52 pm
I'm at this point now....I get a lot of back pain, I get redness, irritation and rashes inside my bellybutton all the time now and irritation at the very lower end of my belly/top of my thighs where the skin hangs down.  And I know this summer I will have irritation 10x more plus rashes under the breasts as well.  I know documentation and lots of it is the key to getting insurance approval.  But who does this documentation?  Your PCP?  Your bariatric surgeon?  Or the plastic surgeon?

For right now I just want the tummy tuck and abdominoplasty.  I'm in a size 10 but know that once all this hanging skin is gone I'd fit in a 6 easy...maybe even a 4.  

Down the road I'd like to do the breasts, arms, that sag on the back and the sag below the buttocks.....one at a time.  (unless I win the lottery of course LOL)

Shelly C.
on 3/29/12 2:17 pm - Alameda, CA
I am 2 years out and met with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who will perform the Tummy Tuck w/tighening and lipo of the flanks, arm lift and breast lift with augmentation all at once for $25, 300.00 This is with a 6k discount for allowing other physicians to observe since it is a training center as well. I would have 2 surgeons working on me at once to reduce the amount of time under sedation. I will schedule this for the end of July. This doctor came highly recommended by my doc who did my bypass.

Extended Tummy Tuck w lipo/Muscle Repair // BL/Aug // Arm Lift Aug 2012
Mrsk1020
on 8/8/12 8:29 am - bel air, MD
 I had my TT on 7/20, while it was approved early June.  Insurance covered the TT portion.  I had to pay $2500 for the muscle tightening.  My physician/surgeon's rate for a TT w/ muscle tightening is $5700.

"It's not always rainbows and butterflies, it's compromise that moves us along......" ~Maroon 5

Most Active
Recent Topics
Therapist Recommendations?
marshmallowstar · 0 replies · 1842 views
Revisions
sauniee · 0 replies · 2792 views
Support
Lalaredd · 3 replies · 4007 views