Doctors in Maryland

newme_38
on 2/1/12 3:15 am, edited 2/1/12 3:34 am - Randallstown, MD
VSG on 06/12/12
I have decided to and beginning my journey for WLS.  I would like to hear from some people in Maryland, And if their Doctors have Program fees, how much were they?  what did they include?  Trying to figure out if it's more beneficial to go this route.

PLEASE HELP~
dori M.
on 2/2/12 10:32 am - MD
 I went to Dr. You at Franklin Square Hospital.The 6mth nutrition program that my insurance required cost $300. You have until you finish the class to pay. If your insurance only requires a 3mth program it's $150. The fees are only for the nutritional stuff everything else was covered under my insurance. I have friends who went elsewhere so i know a little bit about other programs too.
Johns Hopkins nutrition program cost $35 per visit (monthly)
GBMC has no fees

newme_38
on 2/2/12 9:54 pm - Randallstown, MD
VSG on 06/12/12
Thanks Dori.  I am really looking to learn  more and meet people from our area who has and are having the surgery.  I am going to look into GBMC this week.  How is your journey going now?  I'd like to hear more...

KIT

dori M.
on 2/3/12 4:27 am - MD
GBMC doesn't have a 'group nutrition class" so it won't be easy to meet people. My sister had surgery there. In my 6mth program at franklin square I met a wonderful group of ppl that I keep in contact with.

My weight loss has been a little slow but other than that things are great. I haven't had any problems. 

BrianT
on 3/19/12 5:45 am - MD
GBMC does have a great monthly support group, I had my RNY at GBMC Dr.Liao and his staff were great
(deactivated member)
on 2/5/12 6:22 am
I'm new to all of this too. After years of considering WLS, I finally went to an information session at GBMC and my consult is 2/13... From what I know so far is that their program does include manditory support groups - so thats always a good way to meet people.  :)

Good luck!!
newme_38
on 2/5/12 7:41 am - Randallstown, MD
VSG on 06/12/12

Hi dragonfly 515.  How about I was at that info session on Saturday also.  And my first consult date is also on the 13th.  It looks like we will be possibly be there to support each other.  I have lots of questions also.... I think the time frame with my insurance is 3-4 months.  So we are on our way.

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/12 7:58 pm

Yay!  :)

BrianT
on 2/7/12 7:23 pm - MD
GBMC's support group meeting are not mandatory. The meetings are a great place to meet others going through the same things as you are. I'm 2 months post op from GBMC. Great hospital and doctors, Dr.Liao was excellent.
Cindy22706
on 2/12/12 8:59 am - California, MD
VSG on 02/08/12
Hey! I just got sleeved on 2-8 by Kuldeep Singh at St.Agnes hospital. Dr. Singh is seriously the sweetest and best guy ever. I live two hours away from him (and any other bariatric doctors really). Dr. Singh doesnt make you use their doctors (psych, etc.), which was easy on me, I would get my tests done and go up there.

The only thing is that the nutritionist (who is excellent) has her own fee and isnt associated with them, but you HAVE to use her, since the new year I believe she costs $215. It includes everything you need before and after surgery (class wise).

Dr. Singh was named Maryland's top doc's for a couple years now, and he is an excellent surgeon.

Nancy (nutritionist) website is www.nutrition5.com
Dr.Singh website is www.myliteweight.com

Hope this helps!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Therapist Recommendations?
marshmallowstar · 0 replies · 1838 views
Revisions
sauniee · 0 replies · 2789 views
Support
Lalaredd · 3 replies · 4004 views