Bleeding Ulcer

southern_Jenn
on 5/24/05 1:40 pm - Fort Meade, MD
Hi everyone, I have a question. I am doing all the testing so that I can get approved for RNY surgery. I was told that my bloodwork showed that I have or have had an ulcer. I think I may have a bleeding ulcer and was wondering if that will help my chances of being approved for the surgery or will that make me not be able to have gastric bypass. Thanks, Jenn P.S. Has anyone had Dr. Kalan
Rachel H.
on 5/28/05 3:30 am - Accokeek, MD
hi Jennifer, I don't have any help on the ulcer question but I just had surgury with Dr. Kalan this week. Came home yesterday. What kind of questions do you have abourt Dr. Kalan?---Rachel
snowgirl
on 5/29/05 10:12 am - San Jose, CA
Depends on what kind of ulser H-pylori is usually the one test through Blood. It will go away with antibiotics I know cause I am now on those Antibiotics. Are u in any pain? I get cramps in my stomach every now and then. IT does not affect getting approved but get it taken care of ASAP. H-pylori causes Peptic ulsers and its a BActeria that eats at the lining of your stomach..... its very common. people just never get tested. the reason why they test is to get you better before surgery. I wish you well But don't worry too much. I am positive that you will be approved for surgery. Diana
Most Active
Recent Topics
Therapist Recommendations?
marshmallowstar · 0 replies · 1838 views
Revisions
sauniee · 0 replies · 2789 views
Support
Lalaredd · 3 replies · 4004 views