Did anyone did the WLS in Tijuana thru MedicalTurismCo.com ??

Verchik
on 4/18/14 1:28 am - Fresh meadows, NY

Hello Everyone, I was trying to find Great Doctor with Reasonable price my me, I Found Dr. Ponce De Leon and one of his patient coordinator Debra (who is very slow to respond to my calls and e-mails) She told me that vertical sleeve surgery cost $5500. Later that day I found website MedicalTurismCo.com Regena (patient coordinator) is super nice, supper fast, and she told me that the cost of surgery is $3750 (hotel and transportation for my husband not included) Is that ok? I really don't know if I can trust this company. Please help me!! If anybody did the arrangement thru this company !!

MaryKline08
on 4/19/14 2:28 am

Hello, I will recomend to you Dr. Ramos Kelly, he's a great surgeon, and the staff its great!

bigredlt
on 4/19/14 10:52 am - Harrisburg, PA
VSG on 03/07/14 with

I went through Mexico Bariatric Center, Cindy was my coordinator.  I'm not sure that I could have had a better experience!

42 y/o, 5'7", HW 289, Start Weight 280. SW 264 on 3/7/14. Diagnosed w/IDC 5/16/14.

llLou
on 4/21/14 12:31 am - Halifax NS, Canada

I also wanted to say I went to Dr. Kelly. I went directly through his office. He has his own coordinator. I had an excellent experience. Message me if you have any questions about him.  Linda

FindingNemo
on 4/23/14 10:11 am

Hi Verchik,

i used them with no problems.  Surgeon was Dr. Cabrera at Mi Doctor. Once you get down there you realize that several companies use the same hospital, sometimes the same surgeons, and the drivers might pick up from several companies!  All the reps seem to know one another as well.  Medical tourism use the Los Amigos hotel instead of the Marriott and I believe the aftercare offered was likely less.  I had a nutritionist I could contact via email, but no in hospital consult.  That was not a problem for me.  Best advice-- research surgeons, pick whom you want, and find the company that represents them.  Good luck on your journey!  

Verchik
on 4/23/14 11:09 am - Fresh meadows, NY

Hello, and thank you guys very much for your support and all posts! Oh it was so hard for me to decide whom I could trust and who is the best one for me ! Finally I made up my mind!!! Honestly to say most surgeons in Tijuana are very knowledgeable, with huge experience ! They all have great performances and fails as well! I think it all depend in you , your liver shrinking diet, ( how you did it) and your luck! I just schedule my surgery on May 7 with doctor Quinones! Please God help us and Bless us all!!!☺️☺️☺️☺️ 

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 304 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 488 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1087 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1656 views