Scheduled my VSG for January 3rd with Dr. Kelly

Kaehu
on 10/13/14 8:39 am

I finally made the decision to do it:  VSG.  Originally was going to pay the price and have Dr. Alvarez do the VSG, but his hospital is much further away and his prices are much higher.  I did a lot of research on Dr. Kelly who will perform the surgery at Angeles Hospital ($1,000 more than Nova, the other hospital where he practices).  Does anyone have any NEGATIVE things to say about Dr Kelly or Angeles or Nova Hospital?  It is reassuring to read so many positive things about him, but there have to be negatives, I'm just not seeing them here on the forums...are they deleted or is he just that good?  I am always a skeptic, but now trying to be the complete optimist and trust in my choice 1,000% ...just want other opinions and experiences to put my mind at ease.  Thank you everyone who posts here, I am so encouraged by all of you.  I am a newbie here.  Not considered "morbidly" obese, but well on my way with a BMI of 34.3, scales just shocked me at 201 lbs.  I've been roller-coaster dieting all of my adult life, with limited success but always failure in the end when I gain back more than I lost.  Been down to 135, now back up to 201 and DONE with this ridiculous ride.  I am SO excited about changing my life for the better, and for GOOD.  Enough!  I want to be a LOSER!!!!!!!  Ka'ehu

llLou
on 10/13/14 10:59 am - Halifax NS, Canada

Great choice in choosing Dr. Kelly and the Angeles Hospital! Although I didn't have my surgery at the Angeles I did have my swallow test there. It's a beautiful hospital and I haven't heard anything negative about it. I had my VSG done in 2012 by Dr. Kelly.I cannot say enough positive things about my experience. Dr. Kelly is not only an excellent surgeon but he cares so much about his patients. My friend who accompanied me and myself were very impressed with my care(we are both nurses).  Congratulations and message me with any questions.  Linda

Kaehu
on 10/15/14 4:44 am

Thank you so much Linda, I very much appreciate your comments and support.  I talked with Dr. Kelly a few days ago, he seemed very nice but rather busy!  Guess that's a good sign.  I feel confident because both you and your friend are nurses and felt that the care you received was top-notch and the facilities are excellent as well.  Thanks again!  Lori

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 319 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 502 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1098 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1672 views