Feeling Better

vanessam
on 1/9/06 12:23 am
Thanks everyone so much for your concern and thoughts and inquiries into my whereabouts. The depression is getting better every day. Doctor said he thinks it will be one more month before they are in full effect! I have learned a lot of the depression came from my weight loss. My doctor explained it really, really well to me. I talked about always being the "big girl" in the past and how that came with certain expectations and you always knew your role. Now all of sudden expectations change ALL the time! Basically he said preception is a result of a person looking at the world through a filter. The filter that I used to preceive things previously was always as the "big girl". Now that filter is gone, you have to find an entirely new way to preceive the world. Leaves a lot up in the air! Anyway, I am working through it and hope everyone is doing well! Missed everyone! ~Van
Theresa W.
on 1/9/06 12:28 am - Northern Lower, MI
Hi Van! Glad to hear you're starting to feel better! I've been there and never want to go back. I often say we need therapy AFTER weight loss surgery as followup as well as for the physical stuff. It's alot to adjust to, even though we love the change. Things are just "different". I find I get alot more disappointed in myself now... If I gain a few pounds, it's devastating, where before I said, "oh well". Now it's a big failure thing. So...yes, little evils pop up now and then...we just have to learn to work thru them. Glad you are doing better!!! Hugs, Theresa
Annette L.
on 1/9/06 12:48 am - Farmington Hills , MI
Hey Van, Welcome home, We've missed you. Glad you're starting to feel better. when I had my psych. eval. the Dr. warned me to find a counselor and set up arrangement's to talk post -op 'cause I was in for some surprises. I think this was the type of thing she was talking about. It's good to have you back. God bless you, Annette
Somewhereinmacom
b

on 1/9/06 12:59 am - Sterling Heights, MI
So, so very good to see you on a little more. I'm glad you are feeling better too.
(deactivated member)
on 1/9/06 1:06 am - Oak park, MI
Call me Biotch! Love ya!
(deactivated member)
on 1/9/06 1:32 am - Midland, MI
Van... Glad to see your doing better. Our minds can do some evil things.. but Im so proud of you for getting the help you need. You like Jen and several others here will always be my Role Models! Best Wishes! Erin
(deactivated member)
on 1/9/06 8:37 am - Roseville, MI
I think you are very brave for sharing this with us. I know myself it is very hard to think of where I am not compared to where I was. Where I fit in etc. What people think of me. It messes with my head everyday Thanks again Suzanne
jillrabbit
on 1/9/06 10:25 am - ROYAL OAK, MI
Vanessa, Glad to know you are doing ok and getting some well needed "brain drain" as I like to call it. I love to de-stress while talking out some of the issues I am having with my therapist. Sometimes my friends can be the therapist other times its the one you pay for to tell those things to. Your doc is so right on target with the filter theory.... I used to think everything was to be blamed on my weight...ie if something went wrong at work it happened to me because of my weight now I realize that basically people are just plain old self centered pain in the a** type people that I had been dealing with and it had nothing to do with my weight at all because now I still have those same type people around me doing the same type things, its just I deal with them differently now because they think they have to treat me differently or could treat me differently when I was heavier (shame on them). Now I just work through the issues of mind hunger and snacking at inappropriate times, I think back to the posts that you would leave last year about this time and how I filed them away in my memory so I have your experiences to draw from. So even though you may be going through a really rough time now, please know that by posting what you are going through you may be helping someone else maybe now, maybe next year as they remember what you wrote. You are always so honest and open with your responses, just letting you know how much it is appreciated. Thanks for being such an angel Jill
jtfudd
on 1/9/06 12:49 pm - OWOSSO, MI
VAN IM NOT ON HERE A WHOLE LOT ANY MORE AS U KNOW.BUT DARLIN IM NOT REALLY SURE WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT BUT VANESSA I DO KNOW WHAT KIND OF A PERSON U ARE AND WHAT WONDERFUL SPIRIT AND INSPIRATION YOU HAVE IN YOU,SO WHEN U ARE DOUBTING YOUR SELF I WANT U TO THINK OF THAT FOR ME.. LOVE ALWAYS JAMES
Most Active
Recent Topics