Any support groups in Grand Rapids or No. Kent Co.?

VickyBT
on 7/12/11 1:11 pm - MI
Looking for a support group in the GR or north Kent County area.
THANKS!
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
 Willing is not enough; we must do.? ~Johann von Goethe

VSG Aug. 30, 2011 HW 266 SW 249 GW 166 lbs.

Dawnie 88
on 7/13/11 1:42 am
I see you went through Grand Health Partners...they have a support group every Monday evening...I think it's from 5-6pm...maybe Paul will come in here and let me know if that time is correct.  I haven't been there in awhile because I live almost an hour away..and with gas prices..grrrr...lol

Paul11011
on 7/15/11 1:07 am
As if on que...only 2 days late..here I am.  Yep GHP surgical support group is Monday night from 5-6pm at GHP.  Great group of people, we'd love to see you there.  Let me know if you have any further questions.
VSG 1-10-2011 Dr. Randal Baker.   www.grandhealthpartners.com

VickyBT
on 7/15/11 12:15 pm - MI
Thanks for the replies.
Right now I'm working Mondays 2nd shift
so wouldn't be able to attend.
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
 Willing is not enough; we must do.? ~Johann von Goethe

VSG Aug. 30, 2011 HW 266 SW 249 GW 166 lbs.

Tonya M.
on 7/28/11 3:35 pm - Grand Rapids, MI

GHP in Grand Rapids offers a couple of different support groups (they are open to everyone)...

As the others have mentioned, the peer support group (for all surgery types) is held every Monday at GHP from 5 - 6 pm

The topic related support & info is at GHP on the 1st & 3rd Thursday of every month from 5:30 - 6:30 pm

***They also have a list of all of the support groups in outlying areas with info on thier website***

http://www.grandhealthpartners.com/default/patient-resources /tools-for-you

(Scroll down the page and you will see links to adobe (PDF) documents listing both the ones held at GHP and the ones that are not)

There is also a Duodenal Switch support group at GHP on the 2nd Wednesday of every month from 6:00 - 7:30 pm

I hope that you can find one from this list that will work for you and your schedule :)

Most Active
Recent Topics