OT ~ Bladder LIft update

momofsix
on 9/27/11 1:20 am - Pinckney, MI

Well, last week Tuesday I had my bladder suspension.  I stayed over night and they had me try and go to the bathroom the next morning and I couldn't empty my bladder.  I consistently retained between 600 - 750 cc's (or ML's) or urine.  

So I had to be discharged with a cath and a foley bag on Wednesday night.  Went back to see the doctor on Friday.  They filled up my bladder and had me empty and again I retained about 750 cc's.  Cath went back in and I had to spend the weekend with the foley.

They scheduled me for a second surgery to losen the sling for Monday afternoon, but first I had to go to the office on Monday morning for them to see if anything had changed.  So they filled my bladder again and I still retained 600 cc's.  OFf to the surgical center straight from there for another surgery.

So yesterday after the surgery they had me try and pee again.... They put 500 cc's in me and I still retained 477 cc's.  So I had to come home with the foley yet AGAIN, and I go back tomorrow (Wednesday) to go through it all again.

They are hoping that the muscles and the nerves just need to relax now from the trauma of two surgeries so close together.  I don't know what the next option is if I can't empty my bladder tomorrow when I go in.  I really don't want to spend the rest of my life with this stupid thing.  I hoping that if I can't empty my bladder that they can go in and just remove the sling and say forget it.  But I am praying really hard that I am able to pee tomorrow.....

Thanks for listening.  Obviously I have been doing a lot of crying the past week.... Please keep me in your prayers.

HUGS To ALL,

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06
319/169/185/204 - 5' 7"  Starting/Goal/Lowest/Current

WoolyBully
on 9/28/11 10:41 am - MI
Hang in there. You have overcome things in the past. I am sure you will overcome this.
momofsix
on 9/29/11 5:36 am - Pinckney, MI

Had to have surgery yet again today, to totally reverse the bladder lift.... NOW I CAN PEEEEEE!!!!!!!  Woooo Hooooo... it has been a tough road having that cath in for the past week and 2 days, but it is finally out and I feel so much better.... Thanks for the support.....

HUGS,

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06

BariBariHappy
on 9/29/11 12:21 am - MI
 My thoughts and prayers are with you!! Pee Little Bladder....Pee!!! Keep me/us posted on how you did!!
   HW: 291 • SW: 260 • CW: 196 • GW: 145            

momofsix
on 9/29/11 5:38 am - Pinckney, MI

Finally pee'd, but it took another surgery today to totally reverse the bladder lift.  But at least the cath is gone after almost a week and a half.  I really don't know how people do it that have to have one for the rest of their lives.  I was so afraid that was going to happen to me, but when they measured my bladder in recovery today it read a big fat ZERO after I went to the bathroom.... Woooooo Hoooooo!!!!!

HUGS,

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06

WoolyBully
on 9/30/11 3:18 am - MI
I glad it finally worked out. Whatever the next step is I hope it works out better.

Peeing is one of the great, if minor pleasures in life, especially back in the bad old days when I used to drink beer.
momofsix
on 9/30/11 3:51 am - Pinckney, MI

Thanks.....  When I was finally able to empty my bladder completely, the sound was sweet music.... LOL....

HUGS,

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06

tulips52
on 9/30/11 5:52 am
 You poor thing!!!! Gee, I am glad that you can finally go now! Hope things turn around for you.

momofsix
on 9/30/11 12:18 pm - Pinckney, MI

Thanks..... I sure never thought that running to the bathroom every few hours would give me so much pleasure, but after being hooked to that stupid cath and pretty much house bound and couch bound and gaining weight since I could move around much.... I am soooo soooo thankful... Still restricted on how much I can move around and how much weight I can lift, but at least I am FREE of that bag!!!!!  LOL..... Follow up next week with the doc... I am sure all will be fine though..... Thanks so much for the well wishes....

HUGS,

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06

Most Active
Recent Topics