I'm BACK!!!!!

Kalajmom
on 10/6/11 10:32 am - Livonia, MI
i'm back and need help---i am almost 5yrs out and i am having some problems--was at my surgon office today and he thinks that i might have a strictor or ulcer---am going to have some testing to see what's up---i really need to get back on track///////// i had lost 100# but now i am only at 50# i think that this also has something to do with my tummy problem----so i'm here again and need my pips to help me!!!!!!!!!! i can't do the protein shake stuff, so i need help finding good things that have a lot of protein in them PLESE HELP-------- 
momofsix
on 10/6/11 12:02 pm - Pinckney, MI

Low Fat Greek Yogurt is a great breakfast!!!!!  Takes a while to find a brand that you like though, at least it did for me....  You can even put some unflavored protein powder in it to bump up the protein some more....

Watch those CARBS!!!  They will get you every time... I know that I am guilty of that more than I want to admit

I have had a stricture and an ulcer before too, but mine was early after my surgery.... They can take care of you and the test is not that bad to figure it out.....  Good Luck with both issues.... You will be in my thoughts....

HUGS,

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06
319/169/185/204 - 5' 7"  Starting/Goal/Lowest/Current

Just_Jane
on 10/7/11 9:16 am - Plymouth, MI
Howdy stranger.  I haven't had the "pleasure" of a stricture, but I understand that they are generally easy to fix.  There is a Back to Basics class starting next week at Michigan Bariatric Institute, I don't know if you can convince them to let you in, it may be full. 

I would dig out the original notes you got from the nutritionists, they have straightened me out more than once.  Hard to make our heads reign over our feelings, but we can do it.  It helps me to chart my daily numbers (when I make myself do it) and to plan ahead while I shop.  Also, I use either smaller plates or divided ones.

Keep accountable to someone!  And if you want an exercise buddy, let me know.  I need that motivation!

Most Active
Recent Topics