Yesterday was my 5 year Surgiversary!

momofsix
on 11/17/11 7:49 am - Pinckney, MI

Hard to believe that yesterday was 5 years since I had my RNY surgery!!!!  I have had my ups and downs, but mostly held the same and kept the weight off.... It is a tough road and I have to work at it every day, but I feel like I am a success story for sure.

I know that first Thanksgiving was a really tough time for me while the turkey and everything was passing by me I was drinking my chicken broth because I was on my liquid diet still.... Actually wasn't that hungry, but the smells still made it tough, but I got through it and I get through all the other family get togethers now.  Amazing what this tool can do when you use it right!!!!

I am so thankful for this site, for all my OH family and for my friends and family that have supported me along my journey.....  Thanks to everyone for being here for me when I needed you and I am sure I still will in the future....

HUGS to ALL,

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06
319/169/185/204 - 5' 7"  Starting/Goal/Lowest/Current

redheadjean
on 11/20/11 11:27 am - Canton, MI
Congratulations! Keep up the good work.
Jean  
momofsix
on 11/26/11 8:07 am - Pinckney, MI

Thanks Jean!!!!  Holidays are always tough, but I find that I am usually so busy that I actually drop a few pounds... Never used to though... LOL....

HUGS,

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06

Jody ***
on 11/23/11 4:56 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Congratulations on your 5 years of success!  Yes it definitely has its ups and downs, but SO worth it in the long run.

My first Thanksgiving wasn't bad.  I was just 1 month out and eating soft foods, but found it interesting to watch all the others just chow down and the sheer amount of food they ate just mystified me.  Amazing how just 1 month can change your whole perspective!!!

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

momofsix
on 11/26/11 8:12 am - Pinckney, MI

Thanks Jody!!!  All those ups and downs are definitely worth it.... That is for sure....

I know all too well abou****ching those around me gorge into the food.... Even being 5 years out it still amazes me how much others can eat, even my 12 year old eats way more than me.... Heck I completely turned down any pumpkin pie this year too... and I totally LoVE the stuff.... I gave up my piece so that my son could have a 2nd one... LOL.....

HUGS and Thanks again!!!!

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06

WoolyBully
on 11/26/11 7:25 am - MI
Sorry I have been such a slacker about getting on this board.

Anyway, congratulations on 5 yrs. You are doing great and inspiring others.

Gary
momofsix
on 11/26/11 8:16 am - Pinckney, MI

Thanks so much Gary!!!  I don't feel like an inspiration, but if I get some fire going in at least one person, then I guess that makes a difference.....  You are not a slacker, the board is just unbelievably slow lately... I try and check it regularly but I get busy with other things just like everyone else does.....  

I still can't believer that it has been 5 years!!!!  I hope I can continue to do great and inspire others....

Thanks again Gary.....

HUGS,

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06

VickyBT
on 11/26/11 9:49 pm - MI
Congratulations on losing and keeping the weight off.
It's still a daily choice so well done!
I'm only 3 months post op but determined to not regain.
After so many years of being obese I can't imagine having
this wonderful opportunity to lose so much weight only to regain it again.
I'm going to be keeping a close watch on the scales.
Happy Holidays to you and yours!
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
 Willing is not enough; we must do.? ~Johann von Goethe

VSG Aug. 30, 2011 HW 266 SW 249 GW 166 lbs.

momofsix
on 11/26/11 11:05 pm - Pinckney, MI

Thanks Vicky!!!  You are so right about keeping a close watch on it.  I have regained some weight back and had to work really hard to take it back off.  It is very easy to fall back into old habits and let it creep back up.... I weigh myself every other day and sometimes every day to make sure it is not going up.  That seems to work for me.... Not for everyone though.  Good Luck on your journey I am sure you will be very successful....  Happy Holidays to you too...

HUGS,

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06

Nan2008
on 12/13/11 8:41 pm - Midland, MI

Congratulations on your continued SUCCESS!!  You have inspired me in the past with all your hard work and dedication!!

Happy Holidays to you and your family!!!

Nan

Nan

HW 300
/ SW 280 / CW 138 /
GW 140
Hit Goal 4/2/2010

Most Active
Recent Topics