Michigan Bariatric Institute vs Henry Ford

(deactivated member)
on 3/13/13 12:57 pm

I was planning on going to MBI in Livonia and was talking to my PCP and she said she does not like them and gave reasons I had not heard about with them and then she said she prefers Henry Ford Hospital.  I am beginning to think that maybe she is just biased about HFH since she is leaving Trinity Health and going to HFH.  Both are centers for excellence and both look like the follow the patient after as well as has a good pre training program. 

Anyone have any opinions???

TIA

SAHM2four
on 3/14/13 12:17 pm
VSG on 06/17/13

I noticed that my post did finally get posted but I was having issues with my account so I deactivated it and then reactivated it.  So this was me.  I just wanted people to know that someone REALLY wants to know this answer still.

TIA

Crystalriver
on 3/17/13 10:56 am - Shelby Township, MI
VSG on 02/22/12
I went through Henry Ford Macomb, now closed. Dr. Genaw at Henry Ford Downtown has a great reputation. I also now some people who had the vertical sleeve done at Beaumont and have good result. Henry Ford does pretty good with follow up. I have been very successful. Sally Green, Rn now runs the Bariatric program at Henry Ford in Clinton Township. She is amazing!
havanhavnot
on 3/18/13 1:10 am - MI
RNY on 06/12/12

I had my gastric bypass done at St. Mary Mercy Hospital in Livonia.  My surgery was done on June 12, 2012 and my surgeon was Dr. Jacob Roberts.  I have had no problems at all...no nausea, no vomiting, no pouch irritations, zip, zero , nada !  I have lost 85# since my first visit with them on Feb.27, 2012.  I have been off my diabetic medicine (3 of them, ugg)  since the day before my surgery.  So glad I went with them...

Joyce

joyce

havanhavnot
on 3/18/13 1:12 am - MI
RNY on 06/12/12

I also wanted to say that my sister had Dr. Genaw at Henry Ford Hospital and has been very happy with him.

joyce

SAHM2four
on 6/30/13 8:30 am
VSG on 06/17/13

I ended up having my sleeve done with Dr. Zeni at St. Mary.  The hospital was fabulous, the nurses were amazing, and I have been very pleased with the care I have gotten from Dr. Zeni and his staff.  My husband decided to have him do his hernia surgery in a few weeks even we were so pleased.  :-)

sparkle123
on 8/1/13 8:16 am - MI

Hello there, 

I am new to this site as of today. Congratulations on your surgery! How did it end up going? I also want to have a WLS surgery and was wondering if you had BCBS? My insurance won't cover it and I can't find an insurance who will. Any words of advice you could give would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks so much and have a nice day!!!

SAHM2four
on 8/1/13 3:24 pm
VSG on 06/17/13

HI.  My surgery went well.  I am so very pleased with my surgeon and the rest of the support staff as well as the hospital and staff.  I have never gotten such fabulous care before.  I do have BCBS of Michigan.  I am rather surprised that yours does not cover it.  Have you called them?  So many are finding that it is more cost effective to do the surgery to avoid the long term issues that come with morbid obesity.  I know there is a message board where people go to Mexico to have the surgery and pay out of pocket, but I have no idea how much it actually is.  

sparkle123
on 8/2/13 3:46 am - MI

Im so glad to hear that it went good! Yes, my current insurance covers pretty much nothing, its called Golden Rule. I'm suprised that a lot of insurances don't cover it. I was reading an article online before and it said that insurances rather pay to fix each room of the house, when the roof itself is falling in. It was supposed to be an analogy of how a person who is overweight and instead of covering a bariatric surgery to fix all of the problems, they cover medications and treatment for things like sleep apnea, hypertension, and diabetes. 

SAHM2four
on 8/2/13 11:42 am
VSG on 06/17/13

That stinks...so sorry

Most Active
Recent Topics