New to forum. From Saginaw

crystalmomof3
on 3/24/13 12:18 am - MI

Hi I just started the journey. Just looking for support. I am debating the sleeve or lapband. At this time I am leaning more toward the sleeve. I have three kids 16 girl, 14 girl, 1 boy. I love my kids and just hoping to live a healthier life for them.

pineview01
on 3/27/13 11:41 am, edited 3/27/13 12:01 pm - Davison, MI

Hi!  I am in the Flint area and had surgery at Hurley.  Having had the band for 3.5 years and had all kinds of problems, I am now with sleeve and it is 100% better.  I  can't seem to respond to my messages so, if you have any qustions about the two ask away here.  mail

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

crystalmomof3
on 3/28/13 3:29 am - MI

Thanks for the reply. How long did it take to recover? I have a one year old so I cant be down long.

pineview01
on 3/28/13 12:49 pm - Davison, MI

I recovered faster from the sleeve than I did from the band or the band removal.  That said, you are going to need help with a one year old.  At that age they need you so much and don't understand at all.  I helped the DD by taken her's after her sleeve.  I was told nothing over 5 pounds for 6 weeks by the Internist and 8/10 pounds for 4 weeks by the surgery center.  No way could I pick up a 1 year old for 4 weeks with either surgery.  Just getting in and out of the crib will cause problems.  Will you have help?

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

56sunShine14
on 3/14/14 6:55 am

I have the band am next month when I meet the surgeon, am hoping he will do a revision to the Sleeve.  Can't wait to get rid of it.  However, there are people who have had great success with the band.

Most Active
Recent Topics