Post-op care referral?

JoeyP
on 3/23/14 10:51 pm - MI
with

I'm having surgery tomorrow in Dallas (couldn't jump thru all the hoops in Mich) and will be home about 1 week post-op. I'd like suggestions or referral for both a follow up Dr. and a good support group I can join... Thanks! 

Darkwingdc
on 4/5/14 3:44 am - MI

We're do you live? oakwood in Dearborn has a good one, so does st Mary's in Livonia.  Hope all went well

56sunShine14
on 4/7/14 10:14 am

I am very concerned about what hoops Michigan makes us jump through.  Care to expound on that?  My appt. is coming up and now that makes me nervous.

JoeyP
on 4/11/14 11:22 am - MI
with

First of all, let me start by saying I'm almost 3 weeks post op (Sleeve) and I couldn't be more pleased thus far. Dr. Nicholson was AWESOME before during and after. Forest Park is wonderful. Everything down to the anasthesiologist was just perfect. Small incisions all but healed after 2 1/2 weeks. My couple of calls to them post op were handled quickly, efficiently and to my satisfaction. I am down 25lbs in 2 1/2 weeks and am optimistic about my chances for long term life changing success. 

Now, to reply, I went the self pay route after going thru Beaumont's weight loss program 2 years ago, losing almost 70 lbs only to gain it back. After deciding to of the surgery route, I attended their seminar. The info I received was that a. I'd have to begin again and do 6 months of their diet before insurance would even consider paying for this- and that wasn't certain. And b. If you have BC/BS, they waive that requirement if you BMI is over 51 (mine was over 60) but I didn't have them as my insurer. I couldn't wait 6 months or more to do this.... I'd been to the psychologist, the nutritionist and had several full blown physicals at Beaumont at a substantial cost to me (huge deductible... $5k) so after weighing all options,(pun unintended) I searched and found Nicholson Clinic in Plano Tx., read the reviews, spoke to them discussed costs and decided to just do it. Price was SUBSTANTIALLY less than anyplace I'd talked to in Michigan and was all inclusive. Bottom line is I went from first phone call to surgery in less than 3 weeks. 

Nicholson clinic does thousands of these surgeries and it's apparent in their approach to people. I felt assured, at ease and well cared for.  They take credit care payment if you choose. I am so glad I stoped going down the seemingly never ending jerk chain of insurance companies and Hospital "requirements" and just followed my instincts and searched elsewhere. Dr. Nicholson and Park Forest Medical are an awesome choice if you have to option.  

Most Active
Recent Topics