Lets get this board moving, some in and look

Darkwingdc
on 4/5/14 3:50 am - MI

Hey everyone lets work on getting this place jumping.  Lets all support each other.  

I am going to post some questions lets all share

name

surgery date and type

your Dr name 

anything else you want to share

so here I go

Dianna 37

taylor

schd fir May 7

dr. Bacall

i am supper excited and looking for fellow people to work out with.

artist4life92768
on 4/7/14 6:33 am - Jackson, MI
VSG on 01/05/15

Hi, my name is Stacy and I am 45. I live in Jackson. I don't have a surgery date and am hovering between RNY or DS. I am set up @ U of M for a seminar on May 7th. I don't think they do the DS, so if I go that route, I will have it done somewhere else. Right now, I'm on my way to finding a doc here in Mich who does the DS and takes my insurance. But I am saying hello, and am pleased to meet you!

Darkwingdc
on 4/7/14 6:43 am - MI

Hi Stacy.  Best if luck.  It's a hard decision to make, but you and the surgeon will be able to make the best decision for you.  I love U of M.

Welcome to the Mi board  

56sunShine14
on 4/7/14 10:11 am

Hi all.  I was wondering if this board was alive and glad to see someone regenerated it.  My name is Karen and before I forget my question, Stacey, I was wondering...U of M does NOT do DS?  darn it.  I am going to the surgeon on the 16th and was hoping he would revise me from the band to DS.

artist4life92768
on 4/12/14 1:08 am - Jackson, MI
VSG on 01/05/15
On April 7, 2014 at 5:11 PM Pacific Time, 56sunShine14 wrote:

Hi all.  I was wondering if this board was alive and glad to see someone regenerated it.  My name is Karen and before I forget my question, Stacey, I was wondering...U of M does NOT do DS?  darn it.  I am going to the surgeon on the 16th and was hoping he would revise me from the band to DS.

Hi SunShine, it does not have DS listed on their website, but let me know what you find out. It may be a case that it is not done on a routine basis, only when the patient would benefit from it more than the RNY.

Donna H.
on 4/11/14 9:51 pm - MI
VSG on 08/04/14

My name is Donna. I'm 36 and live in Warren. I have just started the process and have 3 of 4 evaluations done (psych eval next week). I'm working with a program through Beaumont Hospital. I'm impressed so far with the few visits that I have had.

5'6" ConsultW: 312.4 (3/29/14) VSG w/ Dr. K Krause: 287.4 (8/4/14) 

Pre-op: -25 M1: -16.8 M2: -10.8 M3: -14.4 M4: -7.3

Darkwingdc
on 4/12/14 1:32 am - MI

I have my psych eval on Tuesday then blood work next week. 

Wow close to having everything done. Congrats 

artist4life92768
on 4/12/14 3:58 am, edited 4/12/14 3:58 am - Jackson, MI
VSG on 01/05/15

Hi Darkwing, Can I ask how long has it taken to get where you are? On the website it says 3 to 6 months. I am hoping that since I have been seeing a RD for almost 6 months now, I can be one of the lucky ones and get it done sooner. :o)

Darkwingdc
on 4/12/14 5:32 am - MI

I went to the so information meeting in I'd march.  All I had to do to get an appointment with the surgeon was have my dr office fax over the last three dr visits. Met with the surgeon in Marxpch 31, got my surgery date, attended the nut class on April, see the Gyno last week start three week pre op on Monday psych eval on Tuesday, blood work on Wednesday and surgery May 6.  Was Schd for the 7 but they called to change the date so I am hoping the do that again.

i did not have to do the six month diet because my BMI is 50.  I had to gain 8 pounds to reach that but it kept me from waiting the sux months. 

Dianna

Donna H.
on 4/12/14 6:29 am - MI
VSG on 08/04/14

I did the same thing! I gained about 8 lbs to get above BMI of 50. At my first appt, my BMI was 50.4 (phew!), so the six months is waived for me too.  My psych appt is on Monday. I'll let you know how it goes. :-)

The seminar I went to said the avg time for the pre-op process was 8 months for those who do have 6-months requirement and about 3 months for those that don't. I could have it sooner than 3 months because I don't have any comorbidities and don't require extra tests (like cardiac or sleep studies). My one month medical/RD follow up is at the end of April and I expect I should be referred to the surgeon then. I'm aiming for a July surgery, since that will be most convenient for my family.

5'6" ConsultW: 312.4 (3/29/14) VSG w/ Dr. K Krause: 287.4 (8/4/14) 

Pre-op: -25 M1: -16.8 M2: -10.8 M3: -14.4 M4: -7.3

Most Active
Recent Topics