Psych eval

braddsmom
on 4/15/14 5:08 am - millington, MI
RNY on 06/02/14

Hi there, 

I have read several answers on OH about psych evals.  But, I am still worried, just received large packet with several sheets, two different booklets.  There are so many questions, not only about me, but about my family, immediate and distant.  I know I have to be honest, but I don't want my siblings or parents issues to affect me getting my surgery.  My pcp, nut and surgeon all feel as though I am a great candidate for surgery.  The psych eval is my last hurdle, then they will arrange pre-op.  My question is, am I worrying my self too much about it?

Thanks, 

Leslie

Donna H.
on 4/15/14 6:30 am - MI
VSG on 08/04/14

Don't sweat it too much. Mine just said they are looking for ways to help deal with any eating/food issues I might have to help me prepare for life with a sleeve. Your family history is not counted against you. If the other pros think you're a good candidate, I'm sure the psych. will say the same.

5'6" ConsultW: 312.4 (3/29/14) VSG w/ Dr. K Krause: 287.4 (8/4/14) 

Pre-op: -25 M1: -16.8 M2: -10.8 M3: -14.4 M4: -7.3

braddsmom
on 4/15/14 7:13 am - millington, MI
RNY on 06/02/14

Thanks so much!  I guess I am just anxious to start my new life and freaked when I seen all this paper work.  It does make sense thou, they wouldn't want us to fall on old habits or issues that would stand in our way.  I will feel better once that part is over!

Darkwingdc
on 4/27/14 5:55 pm - MI

Just be honest and it will all work out.

Most Active
Recent Topics