HI!

Danielle_K
on 11/20/14 10:23 pm

Good morning!

My name is Danielle and I live in Ferndale. i wanted to say hello and that I just scheduled my surgery for Dec 22nd! i am beyond excited and very nervous, i am having the full Bypass. For my surgery they want a 2 week liquid diet, i know it will be hard, but i am willing to do it!

How did you guys prepare for your pre-op liquid diets?

Did you feel like you needed to eat everything you you know you wont get to eat for a long time?

Thanks!

Bubbles314
on 11/23/14 1:20 pm - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Hi, congrat's on your surgery date, isn't it exciting? 

I bought sample packs until I found a protein shake(s) I liked and could tolerate. 

I think it is probably what everyone thinks at first, "I have to eat this cause I don't know when I can have it again", but you can eat it after surgery when food is added in, different amounts though.

Good luck I'd like to hear how your journey goes.

Danielle_K
on 11/23/14 10:00 pm

Thanks! i am very excited and very nervous. 

How did you get sample packs? 

Bubbles314
on 11/23/14 11:16 pm - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

I got on line.  Unjury.com, Syntrax Nectar (this is my favorite they have several shakes I like, Fuzzy Naval and Vanilla Bean Torte are just a couple) , Amazon.com, Vitamin Shop.com (in store too if you have one in the area).  It really has to do with what you like, and some people's taste change after surgery.  You can also go to the magnify glass at the top right on page and type in Protein shakes and get more ideas.  Good luck

happyteacher
on 11/28/14 9:11 pm

Hi Danielle,

Congrats on your upcoming surgery. Try to use this time to begin to retrain your eating habits. Yes, I did have one food funeral- not a huge one, but it still counted. The preop liq1uid diet is the hardest part. In my case I started 3 months prior trying to get as close to it as I could, so by the time the offical window came I was ready. I would recommend that you stock your house and purge it of any crap food- that can really help. Good luck with everything!  

On an side note- I bought my first house in Ferndale! 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Recent Topics