Looking for a Surgeon

Kathy H.
on 5/30/03 3:30 pm - Pearl, MS
Hi, I'm new hear and have been browsing the site. I am looking for a good surgeon in Jackson, MS with reasonable rates. I saw Dr Carroll about 2 years ago, but my insurance shot me down. I gave up, but now, 10 pounds heavier after 'diets', I have decided it's now or never. Only now I have no insurance, but that's okay, I am going to borrow the money to do this (hopefully). So my question is, anyone have information/experiences with surgeons who perform RNY in Jackson and their going rate? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Kathy
jwright
on 5/31/03 5:49 am - Jackson, MS
Hi! That's going to be hard... I would suggest you go to the University of Mississippi Medical Center. They have a wonderful program. Dr Salameh does the lap bypass. He operated on a friend of mine at VA. I would imagine this may work out for you. Do not know the rates... Good luck! John.
andrea S.
on 6/5/03 12:40 am - LAUREL, ms
i do suggest you go to university medical center.. my dr is Roger Blake there.. he is kind.. and very helpful.. give him a call or have your gp refer you to him.. good luck .. andrea
drum_mer1
on 6/10/03 9:18 am - Clinton, MS
Central Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson has a Bariatric Program. Dr. Cleveland was the first in Jackson to perform the Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass. They do have a cash price to include all aspects of the program. You can call the office at (601)376-2474.
Randy R.
on 6/20/03 7:04 am - Brandon, MS
kathy, My wife and I have been researching for a long time, and we have found Dr. Kenneth Clevland at CMMC. There is usually an information seminar once a month at the north campus. the north campus is located off County Line Rd. by the Hilton. Also they have a wonderful support group for everyone who is looking to have the surgery and those who have already had it. You can call the Bariatric unit at CMMC, they are wonderful Adam is the insurance guy, and I think Dr. Cleveland would give you a great deal. My wife is having her surgery 7/1/03 Regards, Randy
Denease W.
on 9/8/03 5:19 am - Hattiesburg, MS
Before you go get a loan check into Vocational Rehabilitation. Dr. Blake accepts this and uses University Medical Center. I have just been approved through Vocational Rehabilitation and am awaiting my first visit with Dr. Blake. Hopefully I will be having surgery within the next 6 months. According to what your cir****tances are you may be eligible for Vocational Rehabilitation services. I am 130 lbs overweight and having great difficulty with my knees and hip joints when I am required to climb stairs. I also have Acid Reflux, borderline Diabetes, borderline Hypertension, urinary incontinence, difficulty sleeping. My insurance had a written exclusion so they would not cover anything. Vocational Rehabilitation has been a life saver for me. I'm a single mother of three and simply could not afford to have this surgery any other way.
Most Active