Introduction - Hello!

kgiguer
on 3/3/09 5:38 am
RNY on 01/20/11 with

Hi, there! 
I'm still relatively new to OH and wanted to introduce myself on the Mississippi board.  I live in Clinton, MS and I'm interested in the Lap Band.  Right now everything for me hinges on if an employee physical from 2001 comes thru.  It's the only way I can demonstrate a weight for Aetna of a BMI over 35 for at least the last 2 years which is required for approval.  I called for the records; if they find them it takes about 3 weeks to receive them.  They're coming all the way from New York City.  I faxed in the records request on 2/25.  They may have destroyed the records or lost them since it was so long ago.  Trying not to focus too much on that and think positive.  So I'm in limbo land.  If they can't find the records, or Aetna won't accept it, then I have to wait until January of 2010.  ARGH!

I've been to 2 seminars and I've chosen Dr. Ken Cleveland at CMMC in Jackson.  I haven't seen the surgeon yet since they want you to bring in proof of weight history and that's what I'm waiting on. 

So I'm just waiting, waiting...hanging out on OH and wishing!

Nice to meet you all!  I welcome any comments you may have as far as your experience with Dr. Cleveland or CMMC or anything at all.

WannaSew
on 3/3/09 6:55 am - Dandridge, TN
kgiguer...
first welcome to the board...

I didn't have my surgery here in Jackson Area...I live in GA at the time ... and was very blessed to have a fantastic surgeon... then we moved to Clinton MS...and I knew immediately that I needed to find a Support Group...It has always had a very important thing to me...(don't think I could get along without it)
If you have any questions about the band...I'd love to be of help to you...
I have had my band for nearly 4 yrs now and I love it...don't know what I would have done without it...

I'd like to invite you to the support group meetings for CMMC...we meet the 2nd Tues..of month.....I am the Vice President of our group ... so I always go and if you would like ... I could pick you up... 

So I live here in Clinton and look forward to meeting you...if you have any questions...give me a call (601) 906-1706 or e-mail me directly at [email protected]

Blessings, Debbi
Blessings...Debbi

Lapband .. May 2005 .. Starting weight 311.6
Revision surgery Jan 2012 .. RNY .. 231
Currant weight 168

Miss Liss
on 3/4/09 6:15 am

Hello, and nice to meet you too.  Welcome to OH and the Mississippi board.  Good luck with getting your surgery.  I hope it will all fall into place for you soon so that you can start your journey back to health.  Keep us posted on how things are going. 

Melissa

Most Active