New to board

poodledoo
on 6/19/09 6:00 am
Hello,

I am new to this board.  I was banded a month ago and I am having success.  My first weigh in was yesterday and I lost 17 pounds.  Any suggestions from our veterans on how to keep going on this track?
Poodledoo
My Ticker
wallysdee
on 6/19/09 7:26 am - Lumberton, MS
Exercise and keep a food journal.  Write EVERYTHING that goes into your mouth...good, bad and Ugly along with liquids that you intake for the day.  I try and calculate calories that way at the end of the day I know what my intake has been.  I keep that journal with me like it was my bible.  I write down what I eat right then and there as I am eating it.  I also prepare my meals for the next day so I dont have to think about anything.  I work and if I have my breakfast, lunch, waters, snacks with me I will not be tempted to run through a drive through or eat out of the snack machine.  Right now is the dream time of any WLS person.  You are in rapid weight loss.  ENJOY this NOW cause it will slow WAY down and your hunger WILL come back.  Head hunger and real hunger.  This will scare the you know what out of you.  But if you get this under control now and eat like your dr has said it will be a TON easier down the road.  NEVER NEVER NEVER skip breakfast.  It will RUIN your day.  If you are not currently eating breakfast then start.  Protein shack or a meal just make sure you take the time to get it in.  Take your vitamins and whatever other supplements your dr has put you on.  Exercise is one of the biggest keys.  Try and get at least 4 days a week in of 30 min cardio.  My trainer says do not miss more than 2 days inbetween exercise.  Last but  not least WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME I wish you the best of luck.  Always remember to look in the mirror and tell yourself how much you were worth this surgery.  Cause you are.  Congrats on the wonderful 1st months weight loss and keep up the good work!
Denise
babsgriff
on 6/20/09 3:56 pm - houston, MS
Hello,
I am new too. I am looking for financing info and other info. Where are you from?

Babs
Most Active