north ms looking

babsgriff
on 6/21/09 1:51 am - houston, MS
I am from north ms and looking for others in my area. I have specific questions about local docs and clinics.

Thanks,
Babs
fillisg
on 6/21/09 9:36 pm - Belmont, MS
I am from North Ms. However, I had my surgery in Ala. However, I have several friends who have had surgery here in Ms. Message me, I'll be glad to tell you what I know about their experiences.

Phyllis
LAP RNY 7/7/06
Highest    Current     Goal
292             157           140

"I can do all things through Christ which gives me strength" Philippians 4:13

babsgriff
on 6/22/09 10:43 am - houston, MS
Thanks for replying. I have three small kids so I get on the computer once a day so my posts will be done like that.

I have been referred to doc  in Oxford where I have to pay the 20% up front before the surgery. Do you know if hospitals do this in other areas. My husband had to surgery and we did not have to  have the money first. However, some would say mine is not medically neccesary, but I would argue that point.

Thanks for any help.

Babs
Angela Snow
on 7/10/09 5:32 pm - Sidon, MS
Hey, I'm Angela. My surgeon is Dr. Michael King in Oxford, Miss. I had a Lap RNY on Jan 28, 2003. You can email me at [email protected] and I'll be happy to answer any questions that I can

Hugs,
Angela in Mississippi
Lap RNY 01/28/2003
230/120

mcl1970
on 7/13/09 2:21 am
I'm looking for a plastic surgen in our area. Dr King did my lap rny 5-2007. Have you had any problems or bad labs since your surgery? Looking forward to hearing from you. Do you go to support meetings?
im3d2
on 7/26/09 1:51 pm - Panama City, FL
 I'm near Columbus. I had my surgery at UAB, though. I would love to find a support group in this area. It's too much to drive to Birmingham. I really am at the point where I need a support group. I am stuck and the scale isn't going down where it should be!!
blissbandits
on 8/22/09 2:02 pm
Hi Babs,

im in Desoto county. I just had RNY on tuesday of this week. I started jumping through hoops last august. I would love to try and answer any questions you may have.
lesliejayne
on 8/29/09 12:35 pm - Noxapater, MS
Walker Byars from Oxford did my surgery.  He is GREAT! 
Leslie

Most Active