BCBS

JenBBee
on 6/22/09 3:57 am
So....my insurance coordinator finally believes me. 

I've posted on here before about this----my insurance (BCBS of Mississippi) has told me a couple of times on different occasions that they don't do pre-approvals.  They only send a copy of the medical policies to my surgeon's office and as long as we "follow" that, they will cover the surgery.  Tried to tell the coordinator that, but she said they'd send a letter either approving or denying it.  Talked to her today......the insurance sent everything she send them back with a copy of the medical policy---she said she's going to look into it.

The surgery is included in my policy and I've done all of the pre-surgery requirements, but the office is leery about scheduling the surgery until insurance says "you've done what we require, we'll pay for it" sort of deal.  Which I'd be incredibly more comfortable with as well because I don't want to end up with a huge bill.

Anyway....anyone had similar issues or proceeded with the surgery without a letter of approval?  If the office offers to schedule the surgery despite not having this, I'm wondering if I even should or not.  This has been a long journey and I've tried not to get my hopes up, but I want it!! I need it!!
shakira
on 10/12/09 12:28 pm - gulfport, MS
Im interested in having the lap band but BCBS want pay.
HELLO
shakira
on 10/12/09 12:40 pm - gulfport, MS
On October 12, 2009 at 7:28 PM Pacific Time, shakira wrote:
Im interested in having the lap band but BCBS want pay.
does blue cross blue shield of ga pay for lap band does anyone know
HELLO
Most Active