Parties post op style!

luvsexytrstno1
on 7/5/09 2:30 am - Anchorage, AK

Last year for Lilith's 2nd birthday, I purchased a cake from Costco. Yes, I know, not smart for two post bariatric patients to bring a giant cream filled cake into their home. I am not claiming that I have super self control or anything, because I don't, but once I get ill (aka dump) on something, I'm done with it. I mean really done. As a child I once became ill on Dinty Moore beef stew and haven't been able to look at a can of it without feeling nauseous ever since. The only thing that I still attempt, (even though it is like playing Dumping roulette), is ice cream. Even though I stopped allowing 1/2 gallons in my house and only buy low carb or low sugar individually wrapped novelties, it is still bad. I know that if I stop at one (okay on a bad day 2), I will be okay. But, ice cream is my Achilles heel, my Anna crack if you will. It is also my #1 trigger food or gateway drug. This means that if I give in to the ice cream, I am more likely to give in to other naughties and then you better lock up your chocolate and SunChips! Ice cream releases my inner sugar and carb monster. It also is the first food I want when I want to stress eat. But other than ice cream, if something makes me dump, I don't even see it after that. I don't care how good it was. Maybe this is because I usually vomit when I dump and have horrible cramps. It isn't pretty folks. It isn't suppose to be, that is one of the ways this surgery works, it is suppose to deter you from eating things that will make and/or keep you fat. It always reminds me of the movie "Clock Work Orange". I am "conditioned", if you will, not to want certain foods anymore via pain aversion therapy.
Husband, not so much. Husband can get violently ill from something and after he is through being sick, go have more of it. This always makes me sit and look at him with a puzzled/disgusted look on my face.
read more at;
luvsexytrstno1.blogspot.com/
Most Active