Meridian PCP

Echoes83
on 7/25/09 6:25 am - MS
I'm moving to Meridian next week and need to find a new PCP. Anyone have any suggestions on a PCP who is familiar with WLS and treating patients who have had WLS? Thanks.
teresa C.
on 7/26/09 2:40 am - meridian, MS
welcome to meridian. as for the PCP cant help u there. i had the RNY 7/18/08 and still havent found a PCP that knows the facts and treating of RNY patients
Enjoying the new life I have. May everyone be as pleased with surgery as I was. 

Sweet T

Echoes83
on 7/27/09 4:53 am - MS
Thank you. I've come across two doctors that have good reviews on the internet. One is only about 8 years out of school, so I'm thinking maybe she'll be a little more open minded? No idea. I have to call next week and see if she's taking new patients and go from there. It can't really be any worse than what I have now, though.

So are there any get togethers or support groups in Meridian? I know absolutely no one in the city aside from a coworker whom I've met exactly four times now.
Farmgirl58
on 8/5/09 12:57 pm - AL
Hi, I work in Meridian, but live in Butler, Al...cost of living is cheaper, like taxes for example.
I use Dr. Dan Henderson, he is familiar with WLS, and has treated several patients as far as I know. He is associated with Rush Hospital, but has his own office at the Immediate care clinic, on 14th street, Meridian.
I had my surgery Realize Band, done in Mobile, Al at the Infirmary Hospital.  As for support group in Meridian, there is none..I started going to Tuscaloosa Al for support group.  They meet the third thursday of each month at the DHC hospital off of MacFarland BLVD.  Seems like a nice group of people.  THere is also a support group somewhere in Jackson, and also one in Hattiesburg.  There used to be a Surgical Wt. loss support group in Meridian, but due to lack of interest and a place to meet, they disbannded from what I have been told.

Welcome to Meridian, hope you find the town cozy and pleasant, where are you coming from?
I have lived in the Meridian area since 1986, just two years ago moved to Butler, Al, just 35 miles from Meridian.  I am originally from Virginia. 
Hope the information I gave will help you.  Farmgirl58
Most Active