WLS Support group in Desoto County?

Kathy B.
on 9/27/09 11:15 pm
Hi all,  Just discovered the MS state forum.  Was wondering if anyone knew of a support group in Desoto County.  My surgery date is Oct. 5th.  I'm getting a little nervous.  Ok, a lot nervous. 
Kathy Thomas
on 9/30/09 10:13 am - Hernando, MS
I live in Hernando. There is another gal in this area that just had RNY about two weeks ago and one in Olive Branch. Maybe we could start our own group. If anyone else is interested, please respond and I will see if I can get us a meeting place. Let's do this!

Kathy B.
on 9/30/09 1:17 pm
Hi Kathy,

I also live in Hernando.  By the way, I don't know where or if my name shows up but I'm also a Kathy.  My name is Laura Kathleen Beach.  I'm so excited.  It'd be great to do this.  You know there have to be others out there in our area.  I'm in.  Just remember, I'm a little out of pocket next week.  But as soon as I can get out and about.....I'll be ready.  I don't really even know what happens in a support group.  Do you?  We can just figure it out as we go along.  Let me know what you find out about a meeting place.  Maybe the library in Hernando?  I know they do some stuff.  A friend from church has a group there once a month. 
hopecook
on 10/20/09 8:10 am - Hernando, MS
Hi Kathy!...I would love to meet in Hernando for a support group!..Sorry I haven't been on here in a while  because two weeks after surgery my Grandson was born early in Bentonville, Ar...and we have been back and forth as he was in intensive care at another hospital for 9 days..Crazy Times!..trying to eat 6 times a day ..all I know is that somehow we did it, alot of yogurt and string cheese...I will be out of town for Halloween but back on following Tues. Have a great vacation!   Hope
Kathy B.
on 10/20/09 8:45 am

Hi Hope,
Glad there's one more of us now.  I'm really hoping we can get this group going.  I'm so lost right now.  I put all my stuff from the nutrition classes away so I wouldn't lose it and I still haven't found it.  So I feel like I'm sort of just winging it.    That and struggling with finding a protein I can drink.  Looking forward to meeting you.   Kathy Beach

DianeSchafer
on 10/4/09 3:12 am - Olive Branch, MS
Hi Kathy,My name is Diane had my surgery on Sept 18 so far doing good..I had the RNY bypass..I live in Olive Branch...I have been to a couple of the support group meetings at the hospital trouble for me is one of my other organizations meet the same night so I will bounce between the two I guess.  If I can encourage you anyway I will be happy too  I know how you feel I wanted to climb off the gurney as they were rolling into surgery but it has been fine...let me hear from you
Kathy B.
on 10/9/09 7:06 pm
Hi Diane,
I had surgery 10/5 and I'm finally feeling almost human again.  Struggling with what to eat a little.  I would love to talk to you and Kathy and whoever else is out there about all of this to come.  Just feeling a bit overwhelmed right now.
DianeSchafer
on 10/11/09 1:30 am - Olive Branch, MS
Hi  I know what you mean it is a little more diffcult than some people will lead you to believe haha..but it all does work out..I am 3 weeks out now and doing a lot better all the time so hang in there..if you would like to talk  PLEASE feel free to call me  662-420-4238  anytime...I do work from home so if I don't answer leave a message and I will call you back..I don't work that much so am free most of the time...take care..
Kathy Thomas
on 10/6/09 10:28 am - Hernando, MS
I was thinking possibly the Baptist Hospital in Southaven or the library in Hernando. I will check with both this week to see what works best. If anyone else can think of a place closer more in the middle of Desoto county, let me know and I will check that out also. I thought we could possibly find someone qualified to help us with nutrition help. I will check on that as well.

Kathy

blissbandits
on 10/7/09 8:17 am
Has anyone heard from katbeach? Im curious how she's doing, although if Dr Weaver did her surgery, shes in great hands :)
Most Active