Gulf Coast Weight Loss Buddy?? Surgery Dec 2009

Tammygm
on 11/13/09 7:24 am - MS
Hey everyone! I am new to OH and am scheduled to have my surgery Dec 30th of 2009. Looking to find someone who also is about to have surgery or just has for a support system.

Thanks

Tammy
weighlessinms
on 11/22/09 8:14 am
 Hi Tammy,

I just had surgery on 11/17 with Dr. Lavin's associate, Dr. Redmann.  I am in South MS but not on the Gulf Coast?  I would be glad to be a support to you 

cbarnesl
on 11/23/09 5:24 am - collins, MS

Hi, I am scheduled to have surgery on 12/10/09, But I am having Lapband.  I hope things go good for you.

Size Sexy

2bethinatlast
on 12/2/09 8:55 am - D'Iberville, MS
Hey, Tammy  I don't know where on the Gulf Coast you are, but I live in D'Iberville just north of Biloxi. I had my RNY surgery in Mobile, Al because that is where insurance sent me. I had Dr. Jeffrey K. Hannon who is also a CEO, great doctor and I just love him, he is so sweet. Actually I see him tomorrow (Dec 03,2009)  for my 6 month checkup, which actually turns out to be 7 mos because I had to cancel my appt with him in Nov. I am losing weight very slowly but he seems to be happy with the way it is going, at least I am still losing, being diabetic and still on insulin makes it harder to lose the weight, that's what the doc said. I would love to be a support person for you and I do wish you good luck on your surgery. Unfortunately, I will be out-of-state from Dec 9-Jan 16, going home to help my brother who is all alone, he fell Nov 2 and broke his femur and tibia and had surgery Nov 4 and had a rod in his femur and pin in his ankle to stabilize the tibia. He still can't put any weight on his leg until mid to end of Dec sometime, hopefully cast will come off then. He will need help getting around in his apt, they had told him he needed to go to a personal care home, but he has no mjob, no insurance, so no money to be able to afford tha. I will help him get on his feet the time I am there, ut he is gonna have to pick up the ball and do everything they tell him in PT and OT and sometimes you just have to "suck it up" and deAL WITH HAVING SOME PAIN. hE WAS COMPLAINING OF HIS SHOULDER HURTING, i TOLD HIM YES IT'S GONNA HURT BECAUSE YOU'RE PUTTING ALL YOUR WEIGHT THROUGH YOUR ARMS USING THE WALKER. I know exactly what he's going through, I fell and broke my ankle 2 yrs ago, had plate & screws put in, got out of cast, and fell again & pushed the ankle back so they had to operate again, eventually fusing it, altogether have had 5 surgeries on it, and last time they let me walk on it too soon and foot has collapsed in on itself, so it is misshapen and I have to wear a metal leg brace to support foot/ankle forever I guess. They told me they could do another surgery but if it didn't work, they would have to amputate the foot & Ankle, told them no thanks. I still have to use a walker, too, because ortho doc is worried that ankle may just collapse on me, so my brother is gonna have to listen to what I  tell him and work really hard.Once the cast comes off, OT said there wouldn't be a problem, just getting around now is.      Where on the Gulf Coast do you live? Maybe we could get together sometime if you live around here. If you want to talk on phone, just PM me and I willl give you my phone #, sometimes it's easier to talk on phone than online. Well, once again Good Luck on your surgery, I'll be praying for a succesdsful surgery and a speedy recovery. By the way, do you know that there is a WLS support group in Ocean Springs on the 2nd Thursday of every month. It is at the South Ms Surgical Weight Loss Center and you can get a lot of info at these meetings. Unfortunately, I've missed Oct and Nov, now will miss Dec and Jan but hopefully will be there for Feb. Best of luck to you, Linda

Edit   Delete  

Tammygm
on 12/9/09 12:17 am - MS
Thanks for all of your support everyone! Nice to have people going through this to lean on!

Tammy :)
Most Active