Weasly Medical Hattiesburg MS WLS center

mrsq
on 2/17/10 9:33 am
I was wondering if anyone has used the WLS center at Wesley. It is being advertised a good bit but I have not met anyone who has used them yet.

Link to their site:
http://www.wesley.com/Bariatrics/Pages/Meet%20Our%20Surgeons .aspx

I am just getting started in this process, it would be nice to have doctor in my city. But I want someone who knows what they are doing.
Thanks
2behealthy
on 2/21/10 9:17 am - Hattiesburg, MS
Hi, Sorry took so long to post.  I went to one of their meetings in January because i wanted to be at home.  Well, I got the impression that they are just starting this.  I do not think that they have any patients yet or at least at that time.  The surgeon has been for training but he has also done other I guess general surgery in gastro but not WLS.  They are only doing the banding.  They are not doing the sleeve or the gastric bypass.  I was interested in the band until I have been researching more and my first instinct was the sleeve but then thought the band.  After 5 months of research, I am doing the sleeve.   The band is not for me.   So I hope they make it a go in Hattiesburg but I can't wait that long.  LIke I said, I think they are just starting.

HW 356  SW 334 CW 236 GW 170    
mrsq
on 2/21/10 2:32 pm
Thanks for info. I have nothing agaisnt them just starting out but I have several other medical problems that may make me not a good candidate for WLS or a difficult one. I think I will try the clinic in Ocean Springs. Thanks again
2behealthy
on 3/20/10 1:19 pm - Hattiesburg, MS
Sorry it took soooooo long to post but I am definitely using the Ocean Springs clinic.  Also did you know they have meetings here in Hattiesburg the last Tuesday of the month.  We meet on 28th avenue at Dr. Smallwoods office at 6:00....You should come.  Most have had the lap band but there are some that have had sleeve or gastric and a couple of us are waiting to have surgery.  But South MS weight loss from Ocean Springs send someone so you can talk with others and ask questions.  It will be maybe on the 30th.  I will be glad to give you dirctions.

HW 356  SW 334 CW 236 GW 170    
Most Active