I reached my weightloss goal!

anitaheath
on 3/9/10 4:59 am - Columbus, MS

Hi everyone: 

An update........

I haven't weighed since December sometime...thought I was seriously at a plateau, although I wanted to lose 10 more pounds to reach my 160 pound goal.  Had my lab work done early last week and went to doctor this morning to find that I weight ............. drum roll, please.......160.3!!!!!!  (That was with my clothing on, so I'm sure it's 160 even or perhaps a little less). 

Which begs the question:  Am I done?  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.  I'll never be done.  I'll still exercise (loving, absolutely LOVING Zumba these days).  I'll always eat protein first and will never drink with a meal.  I'll always avoid grazing.  There are hundreds of do's and dont's I'll follow forever.  So, in short, no, not done, still a work in progress.

Skin:  I have plenty, need some?  I don't know about surgery....not making any decisions at this time.  I've not had any infections, and I wear layers of under armour stuff, mainly because I am always freezing, but also just for that polished look. 

Bloodwork:  All within normal limits.  Did have a Vitamin D deficiency earlier, back in the monsoon season, but I suspect everyone was a little deficient at that time, RNY or not!  It's all good now.

The ONLY regret I have is the most common....why did I not do this sooner????  Because I was under the misconception that it was "the easy way out."  I did all the other things we do, Weigh****chers, Atkins, etc....but the smartest thing I ever did was by far not the easiest....this is NOT an easy road to hoe, but I now have this wonderful tool that will keep me honest, and with the skills and practicum I've learned, I can continue to be healthy and HAPPY.

Thanks you my weight loss friends for all the encouragement and support!

mrsq
on 3/11/10 8:54 pm
Congratulations on reaching your goal!! 
(deactivated member)
on 4/7/10 11:04 pm
Hi Anita...

Congratulations, on reaching your goal and for doing just an awesome job...!!

You look FANTASTIC...!!

HOOTY-HOOT-HOOT...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cyndy
Melora
on 5/10/10 3:31 am - Perkinston, MS
 Yay, congrats!  I am just 2 lbs. from my goal myself.  I agree with you that it doesn't mean we're done.  It just means we can focus more on being healthy and a little less on the weight loss maybe

Melora

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Kay A.
on 1/26/11 12:45 pm
I would love to see your list of do's & don'ts.  I began my journey on 1/19 (surgery) vertical sleeve gastrectomy. So afraid I might not do well but so far doing great.  I learn something new everyday. Great job you have done. Wow. keep up the good work.
anitaheath
on 1/27/11 1:33 am - Columbus, MS

MK,

My list is short and easy....do what your physician tells you to do EVERYDAY....practice it everyday until it becomes a lifestyle EVERYDAY.  My physician advised me to eat meals, three times a day until I was satisfied and explained that my body would let me know WHEN I was full (the first time I hiccup or belch in my case) and to avoid empty calories if I had a snack, choosing to eat protein first always. 

I continue to do that today, only now that I'm in maintenance I allow myself a treat weekly....sometimes its a glass of wine, a cookie, a handful of potato chips, and I ate a piece of pie at Christmas (which made me dump so bad I will never eat another piece of lemon icebox pie again).  I continue to exercise daily (I do Zumba and love it). 

I currently weigh 149 and I flucuate between 145 and 149.  I will NOT let myself reach 150!  At 149 I start drinking more water, cut back on snacks, am rigid with what I eat and add to my fitness regime. 

In some ways, I think maintenance is harder than the actual weight loss.  My tool still works, but my brain knows I'm thin and tries to convince me I can have that piece of cake or brownie, etc.  Willpower is something I have to call upon everyday.  I simply do not let my brain sabotage me!

I hope this helps.  Good luck, keep the course!

Most Active