Anyone from jackson area suffering from Reactive hyopglycemia????

vbruce5366
on 12/13/10 5:27 am - MS
I have been suffing from reactive hypoglycemia for months now and would like to know if anyone in the area's has this also?  What MD do you recommend ???
barbarasutton
on 1/23/11 10:37 pm - MS
I am not having that problem, still waiting for surgery. Noticed You had Dr. Cleveland. I am also having my surgery at CMMC. What was your process like and what was your expericence there like. Have you had plastic surgery?
vbruce5366
on 2/4/11 6:40 am - MS
I will hold my comments on Dr.Cleveland because none of them are positive..many problems four strictures, and a gal bladder removed with-in 4 weeks of my bypass and had to be off work for 12 weeks..No sympathy at all from him..But I did encounter Dr.******* on my many trips to the clinic and hosp and LOVED her !! My surgery was in 07 I didn't mind the hosp as much as I minded a uncaring doctor.
barbarasutton
on 2/4/11 6:56 am - MS
Thank you for replying,  I am requesting Dr. Low as my surgeon, I am sorry to hear about your blood sugar problems, I hope that  your current meds help.How long did your process take, any other concerns. I am very concerned now, I to am a diabetic.
Prtyblkbtrfly D.
on 2/4/11 11:14 am - Jackson, MS
Dr. Lowe is a just a Dr. not a surgeon........ may want to ask for Cummins

Darchell

barbarasutton
on 2/8/11 3:59 pm - MS
thanks for the suggestion, will do.
barbarasutton
on 2/19/11 3:20 pm - MS
thanks for the heads up.
barbarasutton
on 2/8/11 4:00 pm - MS
Thanks for the tip. Will do. Have you had plastic surgery if so did your ins. co. pay for it?
Miss Liss
on 2/4/11 6:02 am
I used to have a big problem with the reactive hypoglycemia.  I started really studying my food journals and tried to pinpoint a common denominator around my big crashes.  Cutting out the simple carbs helped, and I realized that the sugars in milk were a big cause of my big crashes.  I have to stay away from milk pretty much.  Even the Lactaid does me bad.  I had no problems with milk the first couple of years, but now it causes me to dump and to have blood sugar crashes.  I stick with lean proteins, veggies, fruits, and whole wheat grains when I do eat bread.  When I eat fruit, I  make sure to have a protein with it because just eating fruit will make my blood sugar crash within a couple of hours of eating it. 
vbruce5366
on 2/4/11 6:43 am - MS
Have you had the glyco tolerence test and are you seen by an endochrinologist? Mine has little to no experience with reactive and so I have researched online and we have together come up with plan of action.. I am on very very strict diet to be able to function, have you tryed medication acabose or precose is working very well for me right now...
Most Active