Discouraged

Bionic Jay
on 5/22/06 7:04 am - Moncton, Canada
Well I recently had my latest appointment with my dietician. I gained back all six pounds that I had lost. I'm in a six month program with her right now before my surgeon can send away to canadian medicare for approval to cover the surgery. While it's good that I didn't gain a lot of extra weight, I'm still bummed out that I gained back what I lost. I don't know if depression is causing it or not. Been lonely lately and hating my job. It's hard too because I don't like many vegetables which is making it hard to change my eating habits. I'm eating smaller portions of things certainly but when you don't like veggies it makes it difficult to change. She assures me that really all they want to see is me maintain or lose and so long as I don't go way over what I was when I started, it's not a failure. She says that if I was able to lose weight on my own and keep it off, I wouldn't need the surgery but still I can't help but worry. I want this surgery so bad and I'm scared I'm gonna screw up and they won't let me get it.
paramedic
on 5/26/06 9:40 am - Coldbrook, Canada
Hi Jay Hang in there. If this is the only route for you then be patient. All you can do is just go day by day, the weeks will look after themselves. I understand the waiting and all of the hoops they want you to go through. I was fortunate that I found private funding. Once I recieved that then my choices were endless. It was the best thing I did for myself. I had the band procedure. It was a like going to the dentist. I am three weeks out and I have almost lost 30 lbs. It is worth the wait and the fight. What procedure are you looking at? Any questions ask away. Good luck. Laurie
Bionic Jay
on 5/26/06 12:23 pm - Moncton, Canada
Hi Laurie. I'm trying to be patient, it's certainly not easy. I'm going to get Roux en Y if I'm approved which I REALLY hope I am.
little_lamb
on 6/9/06 7:36 am - Moncton, Canada
Hang in there buddy and take one day at a time. This can be done - it's not going to be easy but we are all here for you ;0) Shell
Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1078 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1942 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1788 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1784 views