Hey Guys :)

Carol Lee McNeil
on 7/25/06 8:59 am - Fredericton Junction, Canada
Nice to meet all of you..I have been quietly reading this forum for a few days now. I have been a member of OH for a while but just now finding my way around more. I am just outside of Fredericton and have completed my first consult with Dr B in Moncton. It's so nice to see people on here that are from my area, and going through the same things. Hope to talk soon. Carol
Carolyn C.
on 7/25/06 9:03 am - Barnaby, Canada
Hi Carol From the first time I saw Dr. B in Moncton it was six weeks later that I had my lap-band done. Good luck to you. Carolyn
Carol Lee McNeil
on 7/25/06 9:12 am - Fredericton Junction, Canada
HOly Smokes!! only 6 weeks?? ? He had mentioned that he was going to add me to the short list, but I mentioned that I was thinking more of December because of my work. I work at a construction comany and this time of year we are in full swing..hard for me to get time off...and I was hoping to be able to take a month off....but..I will take it when ever he calls me. Im waiting on my call for the all day clinic thingie for now. If I may ask...looking back now..are there some things you'd have prepared for before the surgery that you didn't? I work full time and have 3 kids and a hubby that works shift work..I have been making list upon list in my head. Are there some products I should buy to have on hand when I come home? Thanks so much for your time
NBChickadee
on 7/28/06 9:26 am - Fredericton, Canada
Hi Carol It was more like 6 weeks from the all-day information session for me, maybe a bit longer. I had lap band surgery July 19 and I feel great. I wish I had made more chicken, vegetable and beef broth before and froze it. The first two weeks are tough--clear liquids only. Most store-bought broth is either too salty or too bland and don't contain much protein. Stock up on apple juice, Jello gelatin and popsicles. I am surprised at how easy the recovery has been. I didn't have much trouble sleeping, even the first night home. I started getting hungry the next morning. The only things I notice at this point, less than 2 weeks since the surgery, is the staples closing the incisions burn a bit as the incisions heal and I still get tired if I try to do too much (just getting the groceries made me want to have a little nap). Dr. B signed a form for my employer and said I should have 4 weeks off. But I am ready to go back after less than 2 weeks, so I will ease back; full days/and half days. See how I feel. So far, so good! I am sooo glad this finally happened! ~Deb
Carol Lee McNeil
on 7/28/06 10:27 am - Fredericton Junction, Canada
hiya Deb nice to meet you Thanks for the info...I still can't get over the fact that I have to have those damn staples again...I had them with all 3 c-sections and they had to be the worst thing of all 3 surgeries. Oh well it will be worth it...I have to run into the city tomorrow so I think I will pop into GNC and see what they have for protien suppliments ...Fingers crossed that they have some clear ones that don't taste like cow poop Hubby tells me to stop fretting over the little things... I know this is the best decission I have ever made and it will all work out. It's just such an important thing that I'm worried I will mess it up somehow..I guess its the bazillian years of unsuccessful dieting that makes me think that way. I'm happy about the 4 weeks off, I have not had any time off in 4 years so I will take full advantage of the month off and savor every day of it. I am really looking forward to this whole process, I know some of it will not be pleasant but FINALLY turning my life around is a wonderful thing. I just can't thank you all enough. It's so neat to be able to talk to people who have gone through this same thing. I have spent over 2 years reading all I can about WLS. the good and the bad. But nothing compairs to having peer interaction. Thanks again..Hope to talk soon Carol
NBChickadee
on 8/3/06 11:54 am - Fredericton, Canada
Hi Carol, I have never had surgery or c-sections so I have no previous experience with staples--yuck! They are sooo annoying. They burn, they itch, they sting, there's a little weeping..less than one more week to go and then I get 'em OUT! I just started a new job in November of last year and it is the best job I've ever had, so I am anxious to get back to it asap! Other jobs I've had, I would have taken advantage of the whole 4 weeks for sure! I, too, am afraid sometimes I'll mess it up somehow, that I'm the exception to every rule. But I have probably lost ...and gained ... a small village weightwise in my lifetime, so it's no surprise I'm a little worried. I am determined, however, to make this work. I waited a looooonnng time for the surgery, it finally happened and now I am on my way to getting healthier and happier! I hope to never darken the doors of WW again. I joined the first time when I was 15 and lost and gained my way up to ... well, I cannot bear put it in print, but a whole heap of weight. Hope and wish you get your date soon!! Then you can get started too!! ~Deb
Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1078 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1943 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1788 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1784 views