Question: What does "PB"ed mean?

Krista C.
on 8/26/06 7:45 pm - Quispamsis, Canada
I read on another of the forums this expression but I am embarassed to ask. What does it mean when they say PB'ed. I'm sure it isn't anything to do with peanut butter when I read the context of their messages. Also some places refer to "lap band hell" or something like that. What does that mean? And finally, the protein drinks - I thought that was only for gastric bypass as opposed to lap band. True? False? From what I am interpreting, the lap band is more geared towards eating solid food that will fill you up, rather than liquids. Any and all feedback most appreciated I like this smaller forum as it's more personal. Thanks! Krista in Quispamsis
Carolyn C.
on 8/27/06 8:00 am - Barnaby, Canada
Hi Again lol Haven't any idea what PB means unless it's pre-banded???? Neither have I ever heard of "lap band hell". Unless it was just a very grumpy person who was unhappy with some stage of it. I felt great from the third day on. At your information session they will tell you about a protien drink called Resourse. It has to be the one that is for a person on a clear fluid diet (there is also a regular one). Boost has the same kind of drink, but as well it is the one for a clear fluid diet. Even with lap band they encourage you to use it. During a period your not getting any protien and it will help with that "weak feeling". I found them good especially for breakfast. They come in several flavors. Hope this helps a bit. - Carolyn
Krista C.
on 8/27/06 10:20 am - Quispamsis, Canada
Hi Carolyn - apparently it means "productive burp" Eek. I asked back on the main lap band board and someone replied so I have now asked if that is the polite way of saying "vomit". They are also posting about something called "slimeing". Sounds pretty gross to me Thanks for the information on the protein drinks! Krista
Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1085 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1951 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1796 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1790 views