Anybody Watched Oprah tonight?

angie_dr2002
on 10/24/06 7:02 am - Fredericton, Canada
Hi guys, I was jus****ching Oprah tonight and they were saying that 30% of gastric bypass patients turns to other addictions. They had a few women who said they changed their addiction from food to alchool or other means. Carly Wilson was on and said she became an alchoolic after her surgery. They did say that unfortunately most patients do not follow the proper psychological treatments prior and after surgery. They say that addiction to food is not caused by food itself but it is cause by the pain we have suffered in the past. So if we do not treat this 'pain" we are at higher risk of falling into another addiction. I personally have done the therapy and still doing it and will continue doing it because i beleive that my problem is deeper than food. What are your opinions on this subject? And have you been doing your homework? Angela
Sherry C.
on 10/25/06 1:35 am - Eastern Passage, Canada
Angela ... I so wanted to see that ... I forgot all about that it was on and I was not at home last night . So would you say that the show has put additional doubt in your mind or made you more determined to do everything in your power beforehand to minimize the risk of falling into danger ? The decision to have this surgery needs to come with a commitment to change pretty well your whole lifestyle wouldn't you say? That is a big commitment to make when you really don't fully understand what that is going to entale. That is my biggest fear ... Can I succeed when I have failed in the past ? I am hoping that loosing the weight will give me the courage to make this work. I will have to see if my friends taped it . Where are you in your journey? Sherry
Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1078 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1943 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1788 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1785 views