Waiters

macaulie4
on 10/20/11 10:27 pm - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 07/09/13
How are all the people that are waiting for their first consult, pre surgery, surgery doing? Just wanted to see how everyone is holding up.
sunnie41
on 10/21/11 12:07 am - Canada
VSG on 05/17/12
hey there, im doing ok thanks, had my first consult, now just waiting.
how goes the battle for you?

i find that im reading more and more on here from the VSG forum and learning all i can about before and after, hoping it will prepare me better
runfatgirlrun
on 10/21/11 9:04 am
I have my date, Nov 24th and already had my pre-op tests so now I am anxious.  I hope that everything goes smoothly.  I am bracing for something to come up which will delay it. I found out that I have a very low function thyroid from my family Dr. so I thought perhaps that could impeded surgery but she said no that I would need the surgery more than ever.  She told me that thyroid will take time to sort out but it is only partial reason for my issues.  I fear getting all comfortable and then be deflated.  It is only a little over a month left for me.  It has been such a long journey.  I just want the end result to be worth all the work and wait.  I know that I control alot of the outcome and know that with everything I have been through over the years that this is the bext solution for me.  I guess I am letting some of the naysayers pick into my ear a bit with their negativity.  Of the few people I have told I have had some say some really ignorant things like "well are you sure you can't do this on your own?  Just don't eat as much and workout more." or "How can cutting your stomach out make a difference. Your bad habits will still be there."  None of these people understand the struggle.  They don't see that despite eating really healthy and excercising like a fiend there is nothing more my body will do to lose weight.  They watch the Biggest Loser and say "Look at them... they work so hard and so can you."   Well possibly I could if I did not have to work, look after a home, had a personal trainer, dietican and nothing else to worry or focus on.

On a brighter note I have past the stage where I was having the last treats and tastes of bad food.  I have all of that out of my system.  This summer was bad.  I craved ice cream and would treat myself to bad food I would not normally eat.  I think it was a bit of a mental revolt.  Now I am back on my healthy eating plan and I feel so much better for it.  My body feels great without sugar and other crap.  Surgery or not I am committed to eating this way because when I don't I am miserable.  I also am trying to keep active and run as much as I can.  I want to have the surgery and bounce back as soon as I can. 

I also am addicted to this site.  I am consuming everything I can from the comments of others.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1049 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1903 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1755 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1754 views